Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I got SHINGLES from the vaccine !!!
So, after careful consideration, I went and got the Shingles vaccine 2 weeks ago. Last week, I had a really bad headache for about a week, THEN I noticed a little pimple/blister on my forehead. I went to the doctor and he said he wanted to get a brain scan because I had this headache for so long. I asked him, look at this little pimple, could I possibly have shingles? He say's no.

Anyway, I was thinking I really don't want to get a brain scan, but I will go tomorrow and do it. Next morning, I wake up and I am loaded with blisters all over my forehead, eyelids, and in my hair. I go to the Opthamoligist, and sure enough, I have Shingles from the shot. Well, I can't use my C-pap because the pressure of the mask is giving me a lot of pain, so I a propped up in bed on a wedge pillow so I don't have an issue, I know that if you sleep sitting up, your chances of having an apnea event is less. I am on a lot of pain stuff as well, so it's a bit worrying. On a nerve pill as well as a pain pill and Anti Viral and antibiotics. UGGGGGGGGGGOh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
That's actually a big old bummer Marnie.... You cannot even use your pillows mask? Not a good thing.

I think it would be best if you decided not to have shingles after all.

Post Reply Post Reply
Moved this to Off Topic Forum.
Post Reply Post Reply

I got the shingles vaccine. Didn't get shingles from it.
Thing is -- it's only 50% effective.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't know about that..... In Marnie's case it seems to have worked 100% well.

Next time instead of getting something that's "good for shingles," try getting something that's "bad for shingles."
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2014, 08:08 PM)retired_guy Wrote: That's actually a big old bummer Marnie.... You cannot even use your pillows mask? Not a good thing.

I think it would be best if you decided not to have shingles after all.

For sure!!!! Having anything touch the blisters is not good, hurts like crazy so a Cpap mask is out of the question right now.

I am now in the stage where my lymph nodes are swollen, and getting stabbing nerve pain. They told me that my case will be milder since it's the result of the vaccination (which is rare to begin with) Yesterday my eye was swollen shut but THANK GOD my vision is ok and not affected. The mask headgear is what hurts, it presses on my hair which is full of blisters. I can't even imagine having a full out case of this, the one I have is bad enough.
Post Reply Post Reply

hope that it goes away fast
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that answered that question for me. I had Chicken Pox as a kid like about every kid I knew. All the adults I knew had had them also as a child. I have only known one person an aunt that got shingles though.

Dont think Ill take the shot just dodge those odds and maybe wind up with shingles from the shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
As you likely know, Shingles is a reactivation of the Chicken Pox Virus.
I didn't get Chicken Pox until I was 16 thanks to my younger sister.

My dad got shingles in 1959 at age 36. Shingles often erupts when a person is under heavy stress.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

My Dad (who's 93 now) got shingles a couple of years ago. He had a melanoma on top of his head and had to have radiation treatment - we didn't think he'd make it but luckily he did. But as he was recovering from the cancer he got shingles - there ain't no justice!
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] Flu vaccine for 2016-2017 available justMongo 7 498 09-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear