Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I got an S9 Escape
RE: I got an S9 Escape
HI SleepDream,

Re: me50's question about "for her" capabilities... We have both models at our house... the "for her" has the same capabilities plus the addition of "for her" mode. Pressure ranges and data collected are the same. Algorithm that decides how to adjust pressure is different in "for her" mode, but the "for her" machine is switchable between "for her" mode and regular mode.

There has been a fair amount of discussion on the forum about "for her" capabilities. If you want to check it out use the following google search link (the forum search rejects the search request due to keywords being too short)...
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aap...for+%2Bher

If the sleep clinic has convenient hours and location for you to drop by in person, that might be helpful. Show up while the doc is in the office even though you won't expect to see him in person. This way you are sure to walk away with the proper prescription in your hands versus potentially receiving a screwed-up script that can't be fixed until the doctor comes back in the office next Wednesday.

good luck and be persistent,

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: Talked to the doctor and he wrote everything as I put it (well as you guys put it). Dispense as written is something I had no idea about, this has been pretty informative and helpful. They'll fax the prescription in right now, so I should hear back from the DME tomorrow or I might just call. Everything seems good thus far, I'm hoping there are no problems.

Again thank you and once I get the machine I will let you guys know.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are entitled to a copy of that prescription. I carry mine with me.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2015, 04:58 PM)SleepDream Wrote: Update: Talked to the doctor and he wrote everything as I put it (well as you guys put it). Dispense as written is something I had no idea about, this has been pretty informative and helpful. They'll fax the prescription in right now, so I should hear back from the DME tomorrow or I might just call.

Call your insurance company and tell them what's going on. Call a different DME and have them quote you a price for the machine prescribed by the doctor. Finally, return the brick and tell that DME that if they don't fill the doctor's prescription you have a DME who will.

Most people are unaware that they can shop around for machines. Your DME is betting that you are one of those people, and as soon as you prove them wrong they'll back down and give you what you want. Meanwhile, find a used machine on craigslist. You have to check the listings every day, be patient, and have cash on hand. When you see a good deal you have to be ready to grab it because they go fast. This strategy will work for you because, like me, you are located in a area of high population density.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2015, 08:38 AM)SleepDream Wrote: Any ideas on how I should go on about exchanging it? I used it twice and I have insurance (Amerigroup, Medicaid NY). In essence I would like some insight and if there are certain keywords that would trigger a more desirable outcome or compliance from them. Also what are some excuses that they (Ultra Medical) might give that I should be aware of? I got it on Saturday and was not aware of how the data collection or lack thereof worked.

Thanks in advance and any advice is appreciated.

I was first issued an ResMed Elite I think it was. After using it for three weeks, I took it back and said either get me an Autoset of give me my money back. I insisted those were the choice: pay me back or get me what I want. Period. They argued for 10 minutes and I wouldn't budge. Finally, " Ok, we don't want to force you to use something you don't want. We'll try to get you the Autoset." They gave me the Autoset before I went out the door. Insist. If you have to, leave it there and go. My DME worked in the same office with my sleep doc. Best, --Papit
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: Just got an appointment and the machine should be here tomorrow: Airsense 10 Autoset. They'll take the brick back and provide me with a data capable machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yay! Well done. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 02:56 PM)SleepDream Wrote: Update: Just got an appointment and the machine should be here tomorrow: Airsense 10 Autoset. They'll take the brick back and provide me with a data capable machine.

SleepDream,

Congratulations!

With a little sound advice and encouragement from the forum members, You took on the DME and made this happen for yourself.

It will make a big difference in your therapy to have the data capable machine.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
:party:

Banana
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, Thank you so much guys. It has been a learning experience and you guys have been very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 432 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli
  ResMed S9 ESCAPE Auto SD card info jas32 5 1,003 10-16-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: jas32
  [CPAP] ResMed S9 Escape Auto - Setting issue vale94 4 1,159 06-11-2020, 05:15 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] resmed s8 escape kennybleep 4 1,041 01-13-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Hoping to Escape Insopita 23 2,842 05-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Switch repair on Resmed S8 Escape II Images MRIBOB 8 13,486 04-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Rockethound

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.