Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I got my Airsense 10 Autoset today.
I got my Airsense 10 Autoset today.
Hi guys. So I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea by a home sleep test through a program I went through called Rested and they sent me my machine and mask and it arrived today. I got an Airsense 10 Autoset with the heated tubing and a Resmed Swift FX nasal pillow mask. I am going to get it setup tomorrow and start using it. I did notice that it looks like it didn't come with an SD card so I'll have to get one for it. Will any SD card work? Does it have to be formatted in any specific way? 

Also what are the thoughts on the Swift FX here?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I got my Airsense 10 Autoset today.
Congratulations - you got a great machine.

I don't know if it's just penny pinching, but Resmed and / or the DME are probably saving a whole dollar on every machine they don't provide with a card. With my conspiracy theory hat on, I think it's more likely an attempt to promote their online services, catering for the industry and doing nothing for the customer. What's the bet that the next generation of machines comes without a card slot at all? </rant>

Anyhow, any standard (not XD or high density) SD card can be used. Just buy one from a camera shop or electronics shop. There's no need to prepare it in any way, as the machine will format it on first use.

I can't comment on that specific mask. In general it's a case of suck it and see. Everybody's face is different so there's no way of knowing beforehand which mask will suit which person. Having said that, the cult of the P10 is strong Smile . Popular full face masks include the F20 and Simplus.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2017, 10:00 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Congratulations - you got a great machine.

I don't know if it's just penny pinching,  but Resmed and / or the DME are probably saving a whole dollar on every machine they don't provide with a card. With my conspiracy theory hat on, I think it's more likely an attempt to promote their online services, catering for the industry and doing nothing for the customer. What's the bet that the next generation of machines comes without a card slot at all? </rant>

Anyhow, any standard (not XD or high density) SD card can be used. Just buy one from a camera shop or electronics shop. There's no need to prepare it in any way, as the machine will format it on first use.

I can't comment on that specific mask. In general it's a case of suck it and see. Everybody's face is different so there's no way of knowing beforehand which mask will suit which person. Having said that, the cult of the P10 is strong Smile . Popular full face masks include the F20 and Simplus.

I know the P10 has a great following and if I am not thrilled with the Swift fx I am thinking about seeing if I can switch it out for a P10. But I will give the Swift a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi alarsen77,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the swift FX for a year or so and didn't mind it. The only down side is the air comes out of the vent a bit strong.
I switched to the P10 and prefer it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats Big Grin
The Swift FX pillows are awesome, but I ended up hacking mine beyond recognition and adding Brevida straps because the headgear is abominable (IMHO).
But that's for another day, and trying to make the best of a purchase going into the unknown.
I don't mind the venting so much, but it's hot and muggy here so the wind is quite pleasant.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2017, 09:42 PM)alarsen77 Wrote: Hi guys. So I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea by a home sleep test through a program I went through called Rested and they sent me my machine and mask and it arrived today. I got an Airsense 10 Autoset with the heated tubing and a Resmed Swift FX nasal pillow mask. I am going to get it setup tomorrow and start using it. I did notice that it looks like it didn't come with an SD card so I'll have to get one for it. Will any SD card work? Does it have to be formatted in any specific way? 

Also what are the thoughts on the Swift FX here?

When I mentioned to my DME that my AirSense 10 did not have an SD card, they just sent me one for free.  Check with your DME to see if they'll do the same for you.  For some reason starting with 2017 models, ResMed stopped including the SD card.  That means you got a model from this year rather than one that was sitting around for a while.  Let us know what you think about the noise level from your AirSense and good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with the FX. Too windy for me - and blew in my eyes. I am now a card carrying member of the p10 cult, which has a diffused vent like none other as far as I know. That said, those are the only masks I have ever used, and judging from the ones I tried on at the dme, I wouldnt have too much trouble with a lot of others. Got a face shape that adapts Big Grin

I may look up your "rested" folk. I have a son-in-law who roars and chokes when he sleeps who thinks he can't afford to be tested!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2017, 12:52 AM)DariaVader Wrote: I started with the FX.  Too windy for me - and blew in my eyes. I am now a card carrying member of the p10 cult, which has a diffused vent like none other as far as I know.  That said, those are the only masks I have ever used, and judging from the ones I tried on at the dme, I wouldnt have too much trouble with a lot of others.  Got a face shape that adapts Big Grin  

I may look up your "rested" folk.  I have a son-in-law who roars and chokes when he sleeps who thinks he can't afford to be tested!

I was in the same position saying I just couldn't afford to be tested and then I found "Rested". So I would definitely recommend it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2017, 09:42 PM)alarsen77 Wrote: I did notice that it looks like it didn't come with an SD card so I'll have to get one for it. Will any SD card work? Does it have to be formatted in any specific way?

The ResMed branded SD card I got from my DME when I picked up the machine is an SDHC card vice a standard SD Card.  As for formatting, when you insert it into the AirSense 10 - the machine will "prepare" (aka format) the card for the first use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 469 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 92 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 180 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 224 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 616 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,211 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 790 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.