Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I got my new machine, and now...
I got my new machine, and now...
It works well, according to Sleepyhead, but I'm f*rting up a storm in bed. Last night, my doctor lowered my pressure to see if it helps. I have sleep-onset centrals that went down to 72 at the sleep study; hypopnea, and a low amount of OSA in REM.

I have a ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV Bilevel, and a ResMed Airfit F10 FFM.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I got my new machine, and now...
XPAP does not contribute to that.

Your screen name is apt.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did not happen before I used the machine, and my doctor confirmed that it is from the air pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ignore that man behind the curtain.

Farting is indeed sometimes a result of PAP therapy. You can swallow air that can go all the way through the system. If it don't come out as a belch, it's gonna come out as a fart.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Boston Terrier that is a ferocious fart monster. We should put him on CPAP to dilute the gas.

Pressure can cause aerophasia which in turn can take its course and come out as a fart rather than a burp. The thing about ASV is that even if you turn down the IPAP/EPAP pressures, the machine still ramps up and blows you full of air when you don't take a breath. That's usually a good thing for people that forget to breath. You can take solace in knowing those are expensive farts from that machine, or look into some ways of perhaps exercising the lower esophageal sphincter to prevent air from going the wrong way. The problem does resolve in some people as they adapt to CPAP pressure, and there are some exercises and body position you can use to your advantage to prevent it.

Here is one article. Hopefully that is a non-commercial article and I'm not in trouble.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Boston terrier? A tiny little dog like that? Try a Saint Bernard or Saint Bernard/Great Pyrenees mix.

Then again, my sister's Jack Russell is a little mobile WMD machine.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2015, 05:19 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Boston terrier? A tiny little dog like that? Try a Saint Bernard or Saint Bernard/Great Pyrenees mix.

Then again, my sister's Jack Russell is a little mobile WMD machine.

OMM

Don't underestimate Eddie.

[Image: DSC_0623.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What a cute dog! Smile
(04-02-2015, 05:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have a Boston Terrier that is a ferocious fart monster. We should put him on CPAP to dilute the gas.

Pressure can cause aerophasia which in turn can take its course and come out as a fart rather than a burp. The thing about ASV is that even if you turn down the IPAP/EPAP pressures, the machine still ramps up and blows you full of air when you don't take a breath. That's usually a good thing for people that forget to breath. You can take solace in knowing those are expensive farts from that machine, or look into some ways of perhaps exercising the lower esophageal sphincter to prevent air from going the wrong way. The problem does resolve in some people as they adapt to CPAP pressure, and there are some exercises and body position you can use to your advantage to prevent it.

Here is one article. Hopefully that is a non-commercial article and I'm not in trouble.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,202 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,797 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,757 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,251 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.