Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I had a bad night last night
I had a bad night last night
Clusters of Apneas that correlate with periods of flow limitation and snoring. I had one central. Leak rate was very good.
I run in S mode with a fixed IPAP and EPAP. Last night, it just didn't get the job done. I could run in Auto... or up pressure. Snoring seems to be on inspiration. Up IPAP pressure?

[Image: April7-8Apnearedacted.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I had a bad night last night
Wow Mongo, that's quite a garden you're growing there.. If it were me, I think I'd go to auto, min about 12, max 20 and see what happens. The other thing I'd try is to add a chinstrap into the mix. Not too tight, just enough to encourage your mouth, and tongue, to stay out of the fracas.
Post Reply Post Reply
justMongo,

Is this just a random "bad" night or are you seeing these bad nights on a regular basis like once a week?

Me? I'd be inclined to switch to Auto mode for a week or so. Find out what the 95% pressure the machine wants to use is. If you don't like Auto mode, then switch back to fixed mode taking into account what a week's worth of auto data says about the 95% pressures
Post Reply Post Reply
Mongo,

Looks like you were designing a thrill ride for an amusement park in your sleep.

Any possibility that the areas of concern during the night might have been times when you were lying on your back??

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 11:59 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Wow Mongo, that's quite a garden you're growing there.. If it were me, I think I'd go to auto, min about 12, max 20 and see what happens. The other thing I'd try is to add a chinstrap into the mix. Not too tight, just enough to encourage your mouth, and tongue, to stay out of the fracas.
Mongo is using EPAP = 9, IPAP = 14 right now.

Jumping from a fixed EPAP = 9 to an Auto with Min EPAP = 12 is a HUGE change. And HUGE changes are often difficult to sleep with. I'd suggest a much, much small change:

If going with Auto, I'd say set the pressures as:

Min EPAP = 9
Max IPAP = 20
PS = 5 since that's your current PS level (PS = IPAP - EPAP)

You'll start the night off at your current pressures of 14/9, but if a nasty event starts up, the machine can increase the pressure as need. The maximum pressures with these suggested settings are 20/15.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 01:58 PM)robysue Wrote: Mongo is using EPAP = 9, IPAP = 14 right now.

Jumping from a fixed EPAP = 9 to an Auto with Min EPAP = 12 is a HUGE change. And HUGE changes are often difficult to sleep with. I'd suggest a much, much small change:

If going with Auto, I'd say set the pressures as:

Min EPAP = 9
Max IPAP = 20
PS = 5 since that's your current PS level (PS = IPAP - EPAP)

You'll start the night off at your current pressures of 14/9, but if a nasty event starts up, the machine can increase the pressure as need. The maximum pressures with these suggested settings are 20/15.

It's typical for snore and flow limitation; but, higher in apnea events. I did get up about 2:30 to 3:00... then back to sleep on the xPAP

A more typical night is
[Image: April3-4Apnearedacted.jpg]

Robysue: That's what I was thinking if I went auto. Keep min EPAP at 9. Keep PS = 5. and open up the top (IPAP).
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Leak graph is missing and why are you on S9 VPAP not S9 AutoSet
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 08:07 PM)zonk Wrote: Leak graph is missing and why are you on S9 VPAP not S9 AutoSet

Leak graph did not appear on same page -- leaks are not a problem.

I went with the S9 VPAP Auto because I was on BiLevel using an S8 VPAP. The VPAP Auto can run with a wider split in IPAP-EPAP=PS.

It was my intent to run in S mode with fixed IPAP and EPAP as per my Rx. With VPAP auto mode as a backup.

It seems those pressures need some tweaking.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 143 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 613 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,066 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 356 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.