Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I hate my P10 so I'm switching back to the Wisp
I hate my P10 so I'm switching back to the Wisp
The only reason I wanted to try it in the first place was because the Wisp gave me a weird rash. However, I think if I clean the part that comes in contact with my face every day instead of once a week, it might make a difference.

I don't know if it's because I have a deviated septum or weird shaped nose or what, but no matter how tight I get the P10 on, it always still leaks out of my left nostril. Loudly... hissing and whistling. And that is with the large ones. I've had a couple of nights right after I wash it where it's been OK, but mostly it's a nightly game of "is it tight enough?".

My AHI is up to 3 with the P10 (it was < 1 with the Wisp) and I just can't seem to consistently get the mask on tight enough. My large leaks are usually at 12-17%. I feel like a truck hit me and I have a headache when I wake.

I've given it 2 weeks. I've changed the cushions and I've washed them every day. Nothing seems to work.

Sadly, it's just not the right fit for me Sad

I'll let you know how it goes now that it's cooler. ( I think the heat has contributed to the rash)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I hate my P10 so I'm switching back to the Wisp
If you ever try the P10 again -- might try some lanolin to see if it helps the seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2015, 11:33 PM)eviltim Wrote: If you ever try the P10 again -- might try some lanolin to see if it helps the seal.

I did use Lanolin and also had a rubber band on the upper strap of the split strap. Just seems like the only way I can avoid leaks it to jam it into my nose so tight that it leaves creases on the side of my nose.

The leaking woke me up several times and I'm back to feeling tired again. I loved the Wisp, except for the rash, so I'm going to try to find a way to keep that under control.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try other sizes?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2015, 06:32 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Did you try other sizes?

Yes, they were worse. They sent me the P10 for her, with XS, S, M and all of them leaked >30%. So I got the Large and it leaked 12-17%. There were a couple of days when I got it down to 3% or so, but that was only the day after I washed it and with it very tight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you sleep on your stomach, or perhaps on your side with your face kinda mashed into the pillow?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Why struggle with the P10 if it doesn't fit you properly? If you've tried the different size pillows, used nasal gels or lanolin cream and adjusting the straps correctly, then the mask is not for you!

If you are going back to using the Wisp, try mask liners. The wisp also has the option of a fabric frame instead of the silicone.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2015, 07:51 AM)OpalRose Wrote: If you are going back to using the Wisp, try mask liners. The wisp also has the option of a fabric frame instead of the silicone.

I do have the Fabric frame...never heard of mask liners. I'll Google that...do they affect the seal?

I also think that I'll wash the mask part every day with Dawn instead of just wiping with wipes. I really don't think I was getting it clean enough as the rash was diagnosed as Seborrheic Dermatitis and responded to presciption anti fungal cream + a couple of days of steroid cream. Dermatologist did say I have sensitive skin...which I knew.

I'll look ip mask liners. If you know of a particular brand that is good, please let me know which one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2015, 08:49 AM)kdmorris410 Wrote:
(10-06-2015, 07:51 AM)OpalRose Wrote: If you are going back to using the Wisp, try mask liners. The wisp also has the option of a fabric frame instead of the silicone.

I do have the Fabric frame...never heard of mask liners. I'll Google that...do they affect the seal?

I also think that I'll wash the mask part every day with Dawn instead of just wiping with wipes. I really don't think I was getting it clean enough as the rash was diagnosed as Seborrheic Dermatitis and responded to presciption anti fungal cream + a couple of days of steroid cream. Dermatologist did say I have sensitive skin...which I knew.

I'll look ip mask liners. If you know of a particular brand that is good, please let me know which one.

I've never used mask liners since the only mask I have ever had is the P10, but there are plenty of folk here that use liners. The liners should help with the seal, and protect your face from contact with the mask that is causing rash.

I even read that some here cut cotton or tshirt material to make their own liner.
Google or do a search on any of the suppliers from the supplier list above.

If you don't get any input on this, start a new thread and ask about liners, and what people use.
Good luck!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
kdmorris, try Googling Remzz and Pad-a-cheek liners. I don't know if they have them for the Wisp, but you can soon find out. The liner is basically some fabric which sits between the mask and your skin. Prevents rash and usually improves the seal. There is also a silicon gel type which I have tried but it was worse than useless for me.

By the way, I agree with OpalRose - don't struggle with a mask that doesn't suit you. There's a bit of cult status to the P10 but at the end of the day it's just another mask. And in my opinion, not a very good one. The only things you need to worry about are 1) It's comfortable and 2) it doesn't leak.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 115 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 517 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 398 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 293 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.