Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I hate my P10 so I'm switching back to the Wisp
RE: I hate my P10 so I'm switching back to the Wisp
Thank you both. I'll look those up, DeepBreathing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps another option to try is the new DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear from Phillips Respironics.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Remzz liners with my full face mask and love them. The material is rather thin. I tried making my own out of a super old tshirt but it didn't work. I'd rather spend the money. I use one for 2-3 nights.

As with any mask, if you are having to over-tighten it, the mask is not working. That's why there are so many out there. No two faces/noses are the same.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What size Wisp cushion are you using? I had this same problem when I used a Large, no problem now with the XLarge.

As for pillows, the P10 experience here is like yours; I use the Nuance (non pro) when I want pillows. FAR superior headgear.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only been using my c-pap for one month. I was given the P10 and it's not working for me. I know it's popular and was highly recommended by my RT because she uses it. She persuaded me to try the nasal pillows instead of nasal and full mask due to leakage. But I seem to can't good a good seal in my right nostril. Plus it's not comfortable. After persistence, she gave me the Wisp to try. I like it better but it leaves a mark on my face near my nose. It's not a rash but more of a print. She only gave me one size-Large. I'm going to order online so I can have all 3 sizes to try. And I may request to the supplier to give me another RT. She seems snippy when I explain that without the right mask, I am not going to be successful sticking with c-pap machine. But I just can't sleep with the Airfit P10. Even trying different sizes and applying lanolin.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will also google the liners recommended. I am so glad to have found this forum. Because I know quite a few people who have c-pap machines and have given up. I want to be successful in using mine so I can feel better and most importantly get a good night's rest. But it's all about choosing a mask to best fit me. I am a side sleeper. Any recommendations for side sleeping would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Buttercup, welcome to Apnea Board.

You're absolutely correct - the correct mask is critical. If your mask leaks or isn't comfortable then everything else is wasted. Faces come in all shapes and sizes, and so do masks. It's a matter of persevering till you find the mask to suit your face.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi buttercup88 and welcome to ApneaBoard! Don't give up like the others, your life may depend on it!

I'm going to put in another plug for the DreamWear mask by Respironics. The way it goes over the nose is different from traditional nasal pillows. There is not anything actually going into your nostrils. I have had my lowest leak rates using this mask. Might work for you. Both the headgear and the 'pillow' come in different sizes. I think it's in people's best interests to be fitted for this mask rather than just guessing and buying.

Also, I love the way the hose comes out of the top of the headgear (on top of your head) and so I just disconnect it there in the night if I have to get up. Also I've tried the AirFit N10's which are similar to the Wisp, the P10's and the Swift FX. Not a fan of a nasal mask, but between the P10's and the Swift FX, I'll choose the Swift FX.

Once my doc has written my script, I'll be getting the DreamWear mask along with my machine.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't give up! I ordered a DreamWear mask as soon as my 3 month supply came about. I was able to get the fit pack covered by insurance and the head gear I paid out of pocket for.

I've been using it for 4 nights and so far I love it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the exact same problem with my P10. It took awhile but I finally got my leaks eliminated doing these 4 things:

1) Using the pink "for her" headgear which is almost an inch smaller. This surprised me because I have a large nose and head (xl to 2xl hat size). I'm guessing the deviated septum and shape of my nose requires a little more tension.

2) Using a $10 hose hangar purchased off amazon. I found the slightest downward pull on the hose caused leaks, whereas a slight upward tension (toward the top of my head) helped the seal.

3) Using chapstick on both of my nostrils each night. I found it seals better / longer than lanolin and helps with a slight chapping I had on part of my nose. I use burt's bees chapstick coconut flavored which adds a mild but enjoyable scent.

4) I also use a chinstrap to control the occasional mouth breathing. Chin strap placed first with the P10 going on top. This probably adds a little more tension to the mix

Just FYI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 119 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,974 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 521 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.