Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I hate this. I'm worried I won't make compliance and will never learn to tolerate it
RE: I hate this. I'm worried I won't make compliance and will never learn to tolerate it
(04-13-2016, 01:03 PM)allynpsych Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 03:39 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: That should not be true -- the AirSense10 CPAP has some of the best data capabilities around. I've got one. (I don't do much with the software, but the data is there.) Do ask some more questions on the SleepyHead threads.

You seem to have the Autoset... I have the strait CPAP model (says CPAP, not Autoset under Airsense 10)... it doesn't do much fancy stuff.
When I called my Dr. they said it would depend on what my insurance covered and to ask my DME... so I'll call them next.
Sorry, yeah. I gathered from the responses between here and there, that that was the difference. Mea culpa. But here's to hoping you can get a different model from your DME and insurance people!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I hate this. I'm worried I won't make compliance and will never learn to tolerate it
The DME will usually supply the lowest cost unit that meets the Doctors prescribed requirements. If your doctor did not make any requirements then you get the machine you got, at least from some DME's. Don't let the DME decide about what insurance will cover, call your insurance agent and find out. Get your model information on what you want and ask them if it's covered if your doctor prescribes it.

If they do then call your doctors office and tell then that your insurance will cover it and ask that the prescription is for that machine.

Do NOT trust any DME to have your best interest in mind. They have what ever makes them the most money AND meets the minimum required by your doctor.

Be nice, but take ownership of your treatment. Make the calls and just ask, then request/tell what you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
here is a clip from another thread
"The insurance code for CPAP and APAP machines is the same thing. So if your doc were to write a script for APAP, there's a good chance the DME would just swap the current CPAP out for an APAP from the same manufacturer. (How your copays would work depend on your insurance company, the DME, and whether the machine is sold on a "rent to own" contract or was sold outright.)" Robysue

assuming that this is the same way your insurance company works AND you doctor did not prescribe a CPAP specifically, then your DME is trying to make a buck by giving you the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2016, 01:03 PM)allynpsych Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 03:39 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: That should not be true -- the AirSense10 CPAP has some of the best data capabilities around. I've got one. (I don't do much with the software, but the data is there.) Do ask some more questions on the SleepyHead threads.

You seem to have the Autoset... I have the strait CPAP model (says CPAP, not Autoset under Airsense 10)... it doesn't do much fancy stuff.
When I called my Dr. they said it would depend on what my insurance covered and to ask my DME... so I'll call them next.

best of luck in your quest to turn your crap into gold Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,075 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 210 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [CPAP] So far I hate CPAP mindyb01 5 399 01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: rogerded1
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,411 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.