Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I hate this. I'm worried I won't make compliance and will never learn to tolerate it
RE: I hate this. I'm worried I won't make compliance and will never learn to tolerate it
(04-12-2016, 03:19 PM)allynpsych Wrote: I did download SleepyHead... but it seems that although I can get the overview stats, the AirSense10 CPAP doesn't record the daily settings (It says "Brick" on that tab), so I'm still fumbling in the dark a bit. I am using MyAir which isn't super, and for some reason doesn't always agree with SleepyHead on AHI rates. I'm looking into getting an Auto PAP (APAP??) but I'm trying to understand the difference between them so I don't sound like an idiot when I tell the DME people that I want one.

That should not be true -- the AirSense10 CPAP has some of the best data capabilities around. I've got one. (I don't do much with the software, but the data is there.) Do ask some more questions on the SleepyHead threads.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I hate this. I'm worried I won't make compliance and will never learn to tolerate it
(04-12-2016, 03:39 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 03:19 PM)allynpsych Wrote: I did download SleepyHead... but it seems that although I can get the overview stats, the AirSense10 CPAP doesn't record the daily settings (It says "Brick" on that tab), so I'm still fumbling in the dark a bit. I am using MyAir which isn't super, and for some reason doesn't always agree with SleepyHead on AHI rates. I'm looking into getting an Auto PAP (APAP??) but I'm trying to understand the difference between them so I don't sound like an idiot when I tell the DME people that I want one.

That should not be true -- the AirSense10 CPAP has some of the best data capabilities around. I've got one. (I don't do much with the software, but the data is there.) Do ask some more questions on the SleepyHead threads.

The AirSense10 Cpap is a brick machine. The Elite and autoset will have full data.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
Brick is the lowest cost machine with no data taken. the DME's provide it because they get paid the same as the data capable machine, but this cost less-is more profit for them.

APAP will work with a range of pressure and adjust as you need to deal with apnea's AND give you the data you are looking for. The best way to get one is have your doctor write it into the prescription "Resmed Airsense 10 APAP, heated hose, humidifier" and then you will get it without questions. A phone call to the Doctors office should get the new prescription sent to the DME. The front office people should be used to this and not have a problem with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 03:39 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: That should not be true -- the AirSense10 CPAP has some of the best data capabilities around. I've got one. (I don't do much with the software, but the data is there.) Do ask some more questions on the SleepyHead threads.

the resmed Airsense 10 CPAP is a piece of crap that should be taken back and crammed down the throat of whoever dispensed it.

the Elite and Autoset models, however, are great.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 05:00 PM)palerider Wrote: the resmed Airsense 10 CPAP is a piece of crap that should be taken back and crammed down the throat of whoever dispensed it.

palerider, Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel Smile
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 03:19 PM)allynpsych Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 02:37 PM)Shastzi Wrote: allynpsych,

One thing you need to do is start using SleepyHead.
It could be something as simple as getting too many leaks while you're trying to sleep.
If too much air leaks from the system then it can't do much good for you.

The folks here will help you with this and get you dialed in so your issues get taken care of, then you'll be able to adapt to the therapy and
start getting some decent rest!

Hang in there and don't give up!

Sleep-well

I did download SleepyHead... but it seems that although I can get the overview stats, the AirSense10 CPAP doesn't record the daily settings (It says "Brick" on that tab), so I'm still fumbling in the dark a bit. I am using MyAir which isn't super, and for some reason doesn't always agree with SleepyHead on AHI rates. I'm looking into getting an Auto PAP (APAP??) but I'm trying to understand the difference between them so I don't sound like an idiot when I tell the DME people that I want one

When I found out I had been given a BRICK I was very mad, and went back to the DME and had a fit. I got a new autoset S9...Wink I really did have to have Lolabovea fit tho..

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 05:03 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 05:00 PM)palerider Wrote: the resmed Airsense 10 CPAP is a piece of crap that should be taken back and crammed down the throat of whoever dispensed it.

palerider, Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel Smile

Frankly, using the CPAP model is like trying to drive to work blindfolded.

calling it the "cpap" was stupid of resmed, at least before their crap models all had "escape" in the name, as in "escape from this crap!".

it's not as bad as the morass of confusion that respironics spews though. like everything they've done for 15 years or so has been a 'remstar' and they tack 'with aflex' or whatever on, it's like ford saying "Ford Pinto WITH TIRES!" well. duh.... all pintos come with tires.

*grumble grumble*
Post Reply Post Reply
ima gunna guess you do not like marketing departments much Wink
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 11:13 PM)DariaVader Wrote: ima gunna guess you do not like marketing departments much Wink

does it show?

too many years of being on the technical end. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 03:39 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: That should not be true -- the AirSense10 CPAP has some of the best data capabilities around. I've got one. (I don't do much with the software, but the data is there.) Do ask some more questions on the SleepyHead threads.

You seem to have the Autoset... I have the strait CPAP model (says CPAP, not Autoset under Airsense 10)... it doesn't do much fancy stuff.
When I called my Dr. they said it would depend on what my insurance covered and to ask my DME... so I'll call them next.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,060 5 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 210 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 243 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 350 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [CPAP] So far I hate CPAP mindyb01 5 399 01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: rogerded1
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,409 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.