Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I have eliminated all robo calls.
I have eliminated all robo calls.
I have been getting from 8 to 10 robo calls per day on my land line.  I can screen them using the caller ID but I was getting tired of the phone ringing all the time. The final straw was when I realized the ID was my own number. 

Solution: 
I purchased a new answering machine with auto call block. When the phone rings, caller ID is recorded and the phone rings once. (This first ring can be turned off) Then the caller is asked to enter a code which is given at the same time. For instance “To Connect this call, press 1”. If the code is not entered, the phone never rings again. A live person should have no problem entering the code while a robo call will never ring. 

Sheer genius. In addition, there ways store numbers and names that will pass through without using the code.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: I have eliminated all robo calls.
Sounds like I have the same system.  It has the ‘Smart Call Block’ feature.   Pure heaven not to hear that phone ring with the many robo calls.  They have gotten out of control.

I also programmed it so that any doctors, pharmacies, friends, and relatives, etc. will go through easily.  
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So how about a name brand on whatever this wonderful machine is. We get on some days, 25 to 30 of these.  They're a total PITA and it seems our phone service provider has no desire at all to stop them.  They are illegal, but somehow nobody ever seems to be caught and arrested for them.  

Thanks for any info you might provide.

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a free service for land lines an VOIP called nomorobo that blocks most robo calls. The phone rings once or twice and then stops. Perhaps not as good as the system mentioned above but free. Google it. It's available for cell phones as well for $1.99/mo
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks Melman,
I wasn’t aware of the free service.

My phone system was bought at Amazon.
AT&T CL82407 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Answering System and Smart Call Blocker.
It has four handsets, but you could purchase with less handsets.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I threw my landline in the trash...all five receivers and the home base. Just an aggregation I don't need. I don't get robocalls anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2019, 04:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I threw my landline in the trash...all five receivers and the home base.  Just an aggregation I don't need.  I don't get robocalls anymore.

Not even on your cell phone? We get several on our cell phones every day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Cell is using the free Verizon robo calling feature. I get hit occasionally, but it's not to the point that I expect a robo call every time it rings. Hey, I know spam...just passed 13,000 posts!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine was a Panasonic. Comes with 2,3, or 4 remotes. Only live people get through.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Y'all for the info upgrade!

We still keep a landline for the homestead, using the same number for the last 34 years. But both of our cells are ebay 35-dollar flip phones.  We don't text or 'do' any of the social media cra....uhh... stuff.... They are  never turned on unless we are off property, or for some reason the LL goes down.  Our phones work WAY better than our son and grandchildren's do... I can't remember the last time either of them dropped a carrier when talking on them. 

Son paid around $1k for his...does everything BUT talk well, and carrier drops are regular occurrences.  Before I EVER pay that much for a stupid cell phone, it'd better be able to make me biscuits for breakfast and.....well, better not mention the second thing, or else I'm in deep trouble ... Bigwink

I'll be checking into upgrading our answering sys post haste....The freebe app sounds real good too....We love free stuff!  Might give that a try.

We also just this last week dropped our cable TV service, gone to a total streaming devise for our entertainment and news...and a digital 'rabbit ears' antenna for the local channels.  They raised their already over-priced monthly fees for the last time for us....So we pulled the plug.  But all that may be a topic for another thread...

Best To All, FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VoIP not registering some robo/telemarketer calls. Crimson Nape 24 2,785 07-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Norfolk 911 calls for 'baby lion' turn up a coiffed dog cbramsey 4 1,914 03-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Ugly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.