Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I have f'n had it! HELP my final effort!
RE: I have f'n had it! HELP my final effort!
I shouldn't be at a fixed 16. I'm supposed to be autoflex 8-16?

I do have other screenshots, but can't post them because I got a message I reached my limit. I was going to show the overall chart of how my numbers have changed (for the worse) over the past year.
Post Reply Post Reply
And yes, I have seen a cardiologist, and was told my heart is ok, with the exception of quite a few PVC's and PAC's.
Post Reply Post Reply
Daisy, i dont think the centrals being flagged are centrals.

If your machine is auto mode and the software says it is, start bumping your min pressure up .5 cm every three days.
If it gets hard to exhale turn on aflex.

Your range is WAY to wide. Im guessing you need a range of 11or 12 min to 16 max.
Myself i just jumped from 8 to 10 then 12 min but most folks dont like to take bigger jumps like that.
As you min comes up to a useful range your max will stop going as high usually.

Of course watch for centrals growing more numerous but im guessing as you get to a useful min the machine stops flagging CA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2016, 07:56 PM)Daisylouu Wrote: I do have other screenshots, but can't post them because I got a message I reached my limit.

Go here imgur.com, create a new account, upload your plots and in your responses you can enter tags that look like:

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/????.gif[/img]

OR

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/????.JPG[/img]

to present the plot your interested in sharing..

[Image: gvJfYWn.gif] Best of luck
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
The overview is not going to tell us anything that you have not already said. Read that link, organize and re-size things in SleepyHead and we can see the other details. Also post an image of the whole night, not just a zoomed in section (the zoomed in part is useful too).

If your machine is set to 8-16, then the minimum is way, way too low in addition the max being too low.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason, I assumed your pressure is fixed at 16 is that the Median, 95% and maximum reported pressure in the summary are all 16 cm. The minimum reported pressure of 7 appears to be from ramp. You may want to double-check the settings. If you are indeed using auto mode, then the machine is staying at 16 cm most of the night. In that case, increasing minimum pressure may not do much, since you're apparently at 16 anyway. Having the full-night pressure graph could be useful to see.

As mentioned, there is a tutorial on how you can post unlimited charts from Imgur. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

One last question, have you ever tried a soft cervical collar to keep your chin from tucking at night?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm gong to work on trying to load photos on Imgur, and yes, I have tried a cervical collar but it was too bulky and I couldn't sleep at all.....going to try another brand maybe pediatric, I'm a fairly tiny person. I also tried an airline neck pillow but even that seemed it held my head at an awkward angle. But I do tuck my chin,so I need something.

Strangely, my AHI was 3 last night. I've had 3 weeks of 10-17 AHI and I have started. PT for a bad back and took a flexoril for the first time and slept 8 hours with a 3 AHI.

My numbers have never been consistent....which is another frustration.....my sleep study is only one snippet of time, and not a normal environment, or normal sleeping position.....so it could be a "good" night or a "bad" night. This really sucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
My observation based on the graph you showed is that your obstructive events are occurring in well defined clusters. That could possibly mean that you are changing positions, which is a common cause of clusters like that. There are other reasons for clusters of events as well but since you mentioned having a problem with your back, that gives some credence to sleeping position change as a factor.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
I tuck my chin and do not like anything around my neck. I use a soft cervical collar that is loose. I has helped and I am putting up with I well. I just keep trying stuff to see if it helps. It is not fun but overall it works.

It is been a challenge for me with some success, Hang in Their Daisylouu.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2016, 08:11 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: My observation based on the graph you showed is that your obstructive events are occurring in well defined clusters. That could possibly mean that you are changing positions, which is a common cause of clusters like that. There are other reasons for clusters of events as well but since you mentioned having a problem with your back, that gives some credence to sleeping position change as a factor.

Dude

No, I do not move much at all during the night. I sleep on a recliner, so there is very very minimal movement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can respiratory effort be inferred from OSCAR data? alienfrontier 1 229 02-02-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 704 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Any good home/DIY device for tracking breathing effort? PurchanceToDream 0 546 04-24-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: PurchanceToDream
  [Equipment] The final days of my AirSense 10 jprestonian 6 965 07-13-2021, 09:27 AM
Last Post: jprestonian
  Effort to improve treatment of OSA and IH QuietSign 115 8,025 01-09-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: QuietSign
  Respiratory Effort Related Arousal cpapnovice 23 2,335 09-22-2020, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Illorum
  Newbie questions, and too much effort to breathe? Rosanne 39 11,178 07-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Last Post: magdalene74

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.