Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I have f'n had it! HELP my final effort!
RE: I have f'n had it! HELP my final effort!
In addition to the help you are getting, I would make an appointment with the doctor. Instruct the staff that you will no longer deal with the Nurse Practitioner. You are not someone who is 'just doing fine' and doesn't need help and she does not have a medical degree. Be a jerk about it if you must.
Post Reply Post Reply
Careful around here the nurse is also the wife/girlfriend

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2016, 08:55 PM)kwhenrykerr Wrote: Careful around here the nurse is also the wife/girlfriend

Many of us here have relatives and friends who are in the medical profession, and if the OP has an issue with her nurse, then she has a right to address that problem, without feeling that others here may get offended because they have a wife/girlfriend that is a nurse??? Same with someone responding to said subject...they shouldn't have to worry that someone here would be offended by such a general statement.

I was about to offer the OP the same advice, but Mosquitobait said it quite nicely.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do agree with you that the OP has a right to questions and answers. I have witnessed actions by doctors that were a little rash. I have been in offices where the did not pay attention to us in the waiting room while they talked about their customers. They would make appointments sooner for people they liked and reset later appointments for the ones the did not like. I may not be right but sometimes that is what happens.

I lived in a small town and we mostly knew each other. Out at dinner one night I saw a very well respected doctor get up from his table. He went over to another party and told the dinner that if he saw him eat the plate of food that was in front of him that he could pick up his charts the next day. The man sat still and did not eat while his family ate their meal.

This was done in a loud voice. The room went silent as the doctor went back to his table. Being as it was not us that was "Talked To" most of us felt that it was OK. It told me that the doctor cared enough to stop what he was doing and make a statement that others could hear. If he gave you his time and talent he wanted you to live better.

You may not view that as I do and I respect your views.

Thank You Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
You don't even want to know my view of that "well respected doctor".....if he really cared, he would have discussed the matter with his patient in private, not humiliate him in public. Sad

Anyway, we are getting a bit off topic, so hoping that daisylouu gets back to us with some news.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can respiratory effort be inferred from OSCAR data? alienfrontier 1 248 02-02-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 742 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Any good home/DIY device for tracking breathing effort? PurchanceToDream 0 561 04-24-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: PurchanceToDream
  [Equipment] The final days of my AirSense 10 jprestonian 6 988 07-13-2021, 09:27 AM
Last Post: jprestonian
  Effort to improve treatment of OSA and IH QuietSign 115 8,161 01-09-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: QuietSign
  Respiratory Effort Related Arousal cpapnovice 23 2,416 09-22-2020, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Illorum
  Newbie questions, and too much effort to breathe? Rosanne 39 11,218 07-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Last Post: magdalene74

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.