Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I have my Sleep Study Results. Now the ASV
I have my Sleep Study Results. Now the ASV
Well, I have my Sleep Study, now I need to convince My Primary doctor to forward it to my DME. I tried to email it, they said the doctor must fax it. This is the same doctor's staff that neglected to include the actual machine on the prescription. can't follow til Monday.

I have attached a copy of the report here. It seems to verify exactly what the sleep doc indicated after viewing my Sleepyhead report from my S9 Autoset, and includes the recommendation for the PRS BIPAP Auto SV Advanced at wide open settings. I plan to start there as soon as I can get the machine. Looks like Tuesday or Wednesday at best right now.

If anyone as comments or advice on how to proceed I am all ears.

[attachment=522]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I have my Sleep Study Results. Now the ASV
(10-19-2013, 02:21 PM)bwexler Wrote: Well, I have my Sleep Study, now I need to convince My Primary doctor to forward it to my DME. I tried to email it, they said the doctor must fax it. This is the same doctor's staff that neglected to include the actual machine on the prescription. can't follow til Monday.

I have attached a copy of the report here. It seems to verify exactly what the sleep doc indicated after viewing my Sleepyhead report from my S9 Autoset, and includes the recommendation for the PRS BIPAP Auto SV Advanced at wide open settings. I plan to start there as soon as I can get the machine. Looks like Tuesday or Wednesday at best right now.

If anyone as comments or advice on how to proceed I am all ears.

Doesn't it concern you that you would be starting out at the max pressure setting on the machine? What if you actually need a higher pressure based on sleep needs over a 30 day period?

This is what concerns me about the cpap I have right now.

You got your results back fast. I had my sleep study on oct. 11 and still no report.
Post Reply Post Reply
You got your results back fast. I had my sleep study on oct. 11 and still no report.

How many times a day did you call the sleep lab to ask if the report was ready? Did you tell the lab to send the report directly to you as well as your doctor? I have heard the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Didn't you hear me squeaking, where ever you are at.
When the gal at the lab called me at 1:00 Friday afternoon, I told her she beat me,I wasn't going to call her for another half hour. We both laughed. I checked my email as soon as we hung up and I had my report.
I was very pleased and surprised at how well Sleepmed did from start to finish (1 week total) including the snafu with my doctors staff canceling my appointment, the day before the test.
Now I have to get that same staff to get my report and prescription to Apria. They have tried three times and Apria still is not satisfied with what they have received.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2013, 09:06 PM)bwexler Wrote: You got your results back fast. I had my sleep study on oct. 11 and still no report.

How many times a day did you call the sleep lab to ask if the report was ready? Did you tell the lab to send the report directly to you as well as your doctor? I have heard the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Didn't you hear me squeaking, where ever you are at.
When the gal at the lab called me at 1:00 Friday afternoon, I told her she beat me,I wasn't going to call her for another half hour. We both laughed. I checked my email as soon as we hung up and I had my report.
I was very pleased and surprised at how well Sleepmed did from start to finish (1 week total) including the snafu with my doctors staff canceling my appointment, the day before the test.
Now I have to get that same staff to get my report and prescription to Apria. They have tried three times and Apria still is not satisfied with what they have received.

I was dealing with the director of the sleep study and I swear, for a director, he has communication issues. The excuse as to why I don't have my report is that my doctor was out of the office all last week. ???? And so? I instructed the director to email me the results.

Last week, I also asked him to provide me with the total hours I used the machine during my sleep study (for the 30 day compliance issue) and he sent me a message saying I slept 2.9 hours during the sleep study! I emailed back and said, thank you for that but what I need is the hours I was on the cpap machine for compliance reasons (I had told him that multiple times and that I needed it before my 1 PM appointment with my insurance agent). He emailed it to me as I was driving to my appointment and said, I thought your appointment wasn't until 1 PM! Well, I don't have access to a witch's broom (am considering this as an item I need to purchase lol) or an airplane/helicopter to get me there fast....I have to drive to the appointment.

My local Apria office leaves a WHOLE lot to be desired and the RT's need some training and to quit blaming the other RT's for errors they make! I won't tell the details now as it is too long but I can tell you that if they have to ask a specific RT for the codes to order masks, that is a huge problem as all RT's should have access to those codes. As it stands, on Friday, they still had not ordered the correct mask so I had to bypass the RT and make sure that it got ordered or no telling how long it would be before it got ordered.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2013, 09:06 PM)bwexler Wrote: Now I have to get that same staff to get my report and prescription to Apria. They have tried three times and Apria still is not satisfied with what they have received.

Hi bwexler,

Unless the prescription includes "heated hose" or unless it includes the actual model# (shown below), you might be given the older "50 series" rather than the 60 series model which came out this year (2013).

The ordering numbers below include the new 60 series blower unit which supports use of a heated hose (even if the humidifier and heated hose are not bought until later), which is the primary difference (other than age) between the 50 series versus 60 series.

DS960S BiPAP autoSV Advanced
DS960HS BiPAP autoSV Advanced with humidifier
DS960TS BiPAP autoSV Advanced with Heated Tube humidifier

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My doctor did not prepare the sleep study report, so his presence in his office did not affect the delivery of the sleep study report to me. The sleep lab had contracted with a sleep doctor (whom I never met) who prepared the report. On Thursday I was told he was still working on the Saturday reports, on Friday I had mine. I hope I did not push yours back. lol

Good luck and stay vocal. Make sure they know what you want and expect.

(10-19-2013, 09:18 PM)me50 Wrote:
(10-19-2013, 09:06 PM)bwexler Wrote: You got your results back fast. I had my sleep study on oct. 11 and still no report.

I was dealing with the director of the sleep study and I swear, for a director, he has communication issues. The excuse as to why I don't have my report is that my doctor was out of the office all last week. ???? And so? I instructed the director to email me the results.

Last week, I also asked him to provide me with the total hours I used the machine during my sleep study (for the 30 day compliance issue) and he sent me a message saying I slept 2.9 hours during the sleep study! I emailed back and said, thank you for that but what I need is the hours I was on the cpap machine for compliance reasons (I had told him that multiple times and that I needed it before my 1 PM appointment with my insurance agent). He emailed it to me as I was driving to my appointment and said, I thought your appointment wasn't until 1 PM! Well, I don't have access to a witch's broom (am considering this as an item I need to purchase lol) or an airplane/helicopter to get me there fast....I have to drive to the appointment.

My local Apria office leaves a WHOLE lot to be desired and the RT's need some training and to quit blaming the other RT's for errors they make! I won't tell the details now as it is too long but I can tell you that if they have to ask a specific RT for the codes to order masks, that is a huge problem as all RT's should have access to those codes. As it stands, on Friday, they still had not ordered the correct mask so I had to bypass the RT and make sure that it got ordered or no telling how long it would be before it got ordered.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Vsheline.

I already found that info and something called MAP Pricing, with guidelines for what a DME should charge.
If they try to base my copay on the $12,000 price we discussed a week ago, I will be armed with the PRS MAP pricing as well as the price from Supplier #1. The DS960TS MAP price is $3,729, I am ready for a fight if necessary.
PR does seem more concerned about lowball pricing than gouging, but there information can cut both ways.

(10-19-2013, 10:51 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(10-19-2013, 09:06 PM)bwexler Wrote: Now I have to get that same staff to get my report and prescription to Apria. They have tried three times and Apria still is not satisfied with what they have received.

Hi bwexler,

Unless the prescription includes "heated hose" or unless it includes the actual model# (shown below), you might be given the older "50 series" rather than the 60 series model which came out this year (2013).

The ordering numbers below include the new 60 series blower unit which supports use of a heated hose (even if the humidifier and heated hose are not bought until later), which is the primary difference (other than age) between the 50 series versus 60 series.

DS960S BiPAP autoSV Advanced
DS960HS BiPAP autoSV Advanced with humidifier
DS960TS BiPAP autoSV Advanced with Heated Tube humidifier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 246 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.