Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

RE: I hit the doughnut hole today
(07-31-2015 05:42 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  How do you find out when the blood glucose monitors were manufactured? I'm not doubting your facts, I would have no idea of where to look. People offer 'new' monitors on eBay for cheap - but I bought one on there once that expired in 2011. My fault because I didn't look closely enough at the listing - I do now. I have a Bayer Contour Next Link meter (which means it 'talks' to my insulin pump) and about half the time the meter tells me that I've inserted a used strip and to please put in a new one. This all happens in spite of the fact that I have never put a used strip into the meter. Bayer customer service absolutely sucks. I've spent many times trying to convince them that I don't try to re-use test strips. They just will not compromise at all.

I don't know anything about the insulin pumps. To find out how old your meter is, you can contact Bayer with the serial number and they can tell you. I just used the online chat. Bayer NEXT does meet the new requirements, but as mentioned, I know absolutely nothing about insulin pumps or related equipment.

For those of you with an ordinary Bayer Contour meter, if you go to their web page and use the chat, you can get a coupon for a free upgrade meter (Next). This is only available until December and you have to have a prescription on file for it (yeah, I know, I can't help it -it's their requirement even though you don't NEED a prescription for a meter!). They just needed the serial number from the meter you have.
07-31-2015 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

(07-31-2015 06:21 PM)justMongo Wrote:  My physician told me years ago: The makers would love to have a pill that expires on a date certain. They do not.
Test strips could possibly be encoded with an expiration date readable by the meter; if so, their engineering people have way too much time on their hands.

I prefer the One-Touch Ultra Blue because I have their software and the meter interface cord to read and plot the data.

I cannot get into the VA at this time. They go through periods where they will not sign up new patients who have no S.C. disability. Right now is one of those periods because of all the fiasco at the VA. I do not wish to see their doctors -- but would like to get meds through them.

My former company blamed the ACA for their cuts to retirees. If I believe them, they lost their tax exemption for providing the insurance.

I write to my Congress critter so often, I suspect they have a file for me. (The circular file.)
Writing to Congress is like abandoning a baby on a doorstep.

Because I am interested in getting a new blood glucose meter as my current one is becoming somewhat unreliable, which of the One-Touch meters do you prefer?

I know it isn't funny and please don't think I'm making light of your situation, but I love your last sentence. You have a good sense of humor.
07-31-2015 06:39 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

(07-31-2015 06:39 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  
(07-31-2015 06:21 PM)justMongo Wrote:  My physician told me years ago: The makers would love to have a pill that expires on a date certain. They do not.
Test strips could possibly be encoded with an expiration date readable by the meter; if so, their engineering people have way too much time on their hands.

I prefer the One-Touch Ultra Blue because I have their software and the meter interface cord to read and plot the data.

I cannot get into the VA at this time. They go through periods where they will not sign up new patients who have no S.C. disability. Right now is one of those periods because of all the fiasco at the VA. I do not wish to see their doctors -- but would like to get meds through them.

My former company blamed the ACA for their cuts to retirees. If I believe them, they lost their tax exemption for providing the insurance.

I write to my Congress critter so often, I suspect they have a file for me. (The circular file.)
Writing to Congress is like abandoning a baby on a doorstep.

Because I am interested in getting a new blood glucose meter as my current one is becoming somewhat unreliable, which of the One-Touch meters do you prefer?
My favorite is their OneTouch UltraSmart. It still has to be coded; but all their strips are now 25. I like that it uses two AAA batteries. I also have their UltraMini and their Ultra2. I usually take one of those when away from home.

I know it isn't funny and please don't think I'm making light of your situation, but I love your last sentence. You have a good sense of humor.
Thank you. It was meant to be humorous.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-31-2015 07:42 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

[Image: rant.gif]

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 05:48 AM by justMongo.)
08-02-2015 10:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  We have rain today justMongo 16 823 02-05-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Today is the day! retired_guy 21 1,607 05-28-2015 04:44 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Today's Trivia Quiz justMongo 15 1,706 11-12-2014 12:48 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Stock up today! retired_guy 10 1,727 09-25-2014 03:46 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper