Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I just changed from a DreamStation to an Airsense 10.
I just changed from a DreamStation to an Airsense 10.
Hi All,

I've been using a DreamStation for 9 months now and have averaged about 2-3.5 hours of usage per night before I feel like I can't breathe and rip the mask off and go back to bed!  I just bought a Airsense 10 and on my 2nd night of using it I woke up with the sun shining and my mask still on with 6.5 hours of usage without ever struggling to breathe throughout the night.  

I just looked at the data in Oscar and the changes are amazing - the Airsense kept a much lower pressure throughout the night and the number of events was so much better.  Has anyone else experienced this before?  Look at these 2 Oscar outputs - it's amazing to see the difference!  I am using the same Dreamwear mask for both machines.

(For reference I wear a full face mask and am a serious mouth breather!!)

Dreamstation:
[Image: 2nkHrzn.png]

Airsense:
[Image: 56vUiEE.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I just changed from a DreamStation to an Airsense 10.
Welcome to Apnea Board.

That's a pretty significant change for the good. Congrats on getting ResMed. They do tend to act on events that the Philips sometimes just watches instead of responding in some way. ResMed has a more up to date algorithm to run their machines, whereas Philips has an algorithm that is more or less unchanged from about 2 generations ago on machines as I recall.

I've experienced a DreamStation BPAP Auto and my current ResMed ASV, two very different machines. I prefer ResMed for a more comfortable therapy feel. I had to change to ASV 3 years ago due to high CA counts.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
good to know... I hope my Dr. gets what I asked for Res Med ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
I never get tired of saying, we told you so. Your reaction is one we see a lot when members make the Philips to Resmed switch. Pretty nice, huh? Now turn off the ramp, you don't need it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2020, 08:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Now turn off the ramp, you don't need it.

Oh really?  Ok I'll give it a go!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Sweet! One other thought, if it passes muster with the experts, is to raise your minimum from 6 to 7 so that you can get the benefits of EPR = 3 all night long. Because 4 is the lowest the machine can go, you don't get the full EPR until you're at 4 + 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not the expert, but it makes sense as the math doesn't lie. Min. EPAP must be at least 7 to benefit from EPR 3. 7-3=4 with 4 representing the lowest these devices go.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is C Flex the same as EPR?

In other words, how many cm h20 do they provide?

My Dreamstation currently give me
EPAP 7.5
and
Pressure set 9.5

So dreamstation can do 2 cm h20?

One thing I do not get, C flex has three levels
1 2 and 3

and I thought I read somewhere C flex 3rd level gives 3 cm h2o?

I am little bit confused
Post Reply Post Reply
Cflex doesn't provide true EPR; it changes the difference between EPAP and IPAP depending on how you've been breathing. The 1, 2, 3 for Cflex doesn't correspond to cmH20 change; it just means, some, more, most. And Cflex causes the pressure changes to be timed a little differently from EPR in the ResMed machines. Some people find that the PR timing cause them to feel their expiration is cut short. I believe that the biggest drop Cflex can provide is not much more 2 cmH20, though I'm not completely sure about that point.

By contrast, EPR is a drop of 1, 2, or 3 cmH20. The drops starts just as you begin to exhale, which feels pretty natural to many people.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2020, 11:56 AM)fejsbukpejdz Wrote: Is C Flex the same as EPR?

In other words, how many cm h20 do they provide?

My Dreamstation currently give me
EPAP 7.5
and
Pressure set 9.5

So dreamstation can do 2 cm h20?

One thing I do not get, C flex has three levels
1 2 and 3

and I thought I read somewhere C flex 3rd level gives 3 cm h2o?

I am little bit confused

The ResMed EPR vs Respironics Flex:

EPR is a BPAP PS setting in reverse, it reduces pressure by 1, 2, 3 cmH2O; Flex settings are arbitrary/unknown but definitely not cmH2O

EPR can be comfort and therapy, pretty consistent in results from person to person while Flex is inconsistent in either comfort and therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 0 25 2 hours ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Switching from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 rorielly 8 1,088 04-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Swaggy
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 207 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 414 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 709 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C pixpop 5 309 02-22-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 393 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.