Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I just changed from a DreamStation to an Airsense 10.
RE: I just changed from a DreamStation to an Airsense 10.
Good to hear improvement with Airsense. I bought a Dreamstation a year ago and have had the same issues as you had... (previously using Remstar Pro Auto). In the end, in spite of having to give up using Oscar or any logging (becausee I dont have a reader for the Remstar card) I’ve gone back to the old machine and am much more comfortable but still not there. Maybe I should also try a Resmed machine. Can’t afford the newer models, any suggestions or should I just save madly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kyteflyer, There are some really good deals on the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset model 37028 on DotMed right now. You have to filter results to Respiratory/CPAP and Resmed. Prices range from $525 USD new to $325 for used. Watch the hours. Your biggest issue is shipping. A lot of members in AU have purchased from Supplier #2. Current prices are $389 lightly used to $589 new which is very fair. Expect about $100 shipping to AU and they always provide warranty and service. If you want to go less expensive, the Resmed S9 Autoset is basically the same machine (discontinued) in a different form factor. I know prices in AU are pretty bad, but buying U.S. and paying the shipping has worked for a lot of people.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kyteflyer, does the Remstar card need a special reader? If not, there are readers available for under ten bucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking this applies to REMStar and M series Respironics devices. They had a SmartCard that looks a lot like a credit card with a chip. I have yet to see who may carry a card reader.

[attachment=23998]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The older Pre-2007 REMstars and the 2007-08 "M" series REMstars use those old smartcards that require a special card reader (the example Dave posted above).  Those old card readers are nearly impossible to find these days.

The newer PR System One 2009-11 (50-series) and the 2012-13 PR System One (60-series) both use standard SD memory cards and can be read with any SD card reader (usually under $10-15)

[Image: which-remstar.jpg]

More info on identifying different Respironics machines here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-...espironics
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2020, 04:35 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Kyteflyer, There are some really good deals on the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset model 37028 on DotMed right now.  You have to filter results to Respiratory/CPAP and Resmed.  Prices range from $525 USD new to $325 for used.  Watch the hours.  Your biggest issue is shipping.  A lot of members in AU have purchased from Supplier #2. Current prices are $389 lightly used to $589 new which is very fair. Expect about $100 shipping to AU and they always provide warranty and service.  If you want to go less expensive, the Resmed S9 Autoset is basically the same machine (discontinued) in a different form factor.  I know prices in AU are pretty bad, but buying U.S. and paying the shipping has worked for a lot of people.

$1,484 AuD from what I can see here on the local supplier websites in Australia.

I would be happy to buy one from the USA and have it sent over.. but I believe both ResMed and Philips have bans on suppliers selling in to Australia at a lower price than the products sell for locally here from what I've heard.

I think we also get slugged with some form of government import duties as well.  Thinking-about

What is the ResMed equivalent to the Dreamstation APAP / CPAP dual mode option that I currently have? ( I'm not sure the auto mode is essential, but I've switched to auto from fixed at the moment and it seems to have helped over the last few nights)

I will have a look at the links in your comment.. thanks yet again, I always manage to pick up useful information from you even when the original thread isn't mine SR.
Thanks
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2020, 09:20 PM)Ockrocket Wrote: $1,484 AuD from what I can see here on the local supplier websites in Australia.

I would be happy to buy one from the USA and have it sent over.. but I believe both ResMed and Philips have bans on suppliers selling in to Australia at a lower price than the products sell for locally here from what I've heard.

I think we also get slugged with some form of government import duties as well.  Thinking-about

And yet Supplier #2 has done this many times and the Aussie members have even received warranty support.  I'm not kidding. Give them a call and discuss your concerns/ SecondWindCPAP has time and time again delivered to your mates.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2020, 09:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 09:20 PM)Ockrocket Wrote: $1,484 AuD from what I can see here on the local supplier websites in Australia.

And yet Supplier #2 has done this many times and the Aussie members have even received warranty support.  I'm not kidding. Give them a call and discuss your concerns/ SecondWindCPAP has time and time again delivered to your mates.

Thank you, just in the process of emailing them now about an S10 AutoSet (assuming this is the appropriate one to replace my DS).
Cheers  Coffee
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is. I think it will make a big difference for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I had some trouble switching from the F&P Icon+ to the Resmed Atoset S10. After tweaking the settings a little, I like the Resmed better. It is interesting to note that the Resmed reported a lower AHI, but the Icon reported less time in apnea. It is hard to compare measurements from different sources.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 331 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 657 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C pixpop 5 283 02-22-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 359 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.