Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I just got a puzzling email from MyAir?
I just got a puzzling email from MyAir?
I got an email yesterday afternoon from MyAir:

Quote:Hello Cathy,
The serial number of the machine you had on file with myAir previously had a relationship with a provider. That provider has removed this machine from your account so it has also been removed from your myAir account.
To continue using myAir, please sign in at https://myair.resmed.com/. You will be prompted to provide the new serial and device number of the machine you are currently using. The serial and device numbers can be found on the back of your machine.
Sleep well!
The myAir Team

I'm not at all sure what this means!

I've always been a little vague about how the relationship works between my machine phoning home every day (which goes to ResMed computers, right?) and how that is related to my DME and/or my doctor.

My relationship with DMEs has been fairly chaotic over the years. When I started with my 3rd DME in December 2018 I took my SD card with me, and the RT said she didn't need it because she could look at my data using the ResMed site. And then she came out a minute later and said actually my account was still locked to my 1st DME -- the one who sold me the machine and I had to leave 4 years before because they went out of network with my insurance.

When I had my consult with the fancy big-city sleep specialty clinic in March I knew I should bring my card with me, and I gave it to them and they disappeared with it and then brought it back later. I'm a little skeptical that they looked at the data, because while  I had an AHI of 13.8 the night before the doctor clearly thought that I was a hypochondriac totally imagining my sleep apnea. (heck I probably shouldn't have been driving, LOL!)

After my sleep study two weeks later they called me to tell me that my AHI had been 18 on that sleep study, and I should continue using my machine. (ya think?!?) The nurse asked me for my DME so that they could phone in a prescription for me, which they did.

The study did NOT appear in my MyChart "test results" listing, and I had to request it using the hospital system online portal and they sent me a scanned image not text. The sleep doctor's notes from April 5th are on the report and they look like this:

Quote:Impression: (The study was scored using AASM Hypopnea rule IA (3% oxygen desaturation/EEG

Arousal)): ICD10 Diagnosis Code(s): OSA
1. Moderate obstructive sleep apnea, exacerbated to severe degree in REM sleep. Respiratory events
were associated with oxygen desaturations down to a nadir of 86%. REM and supine sleep were
captured during the study.
2. Abnormal sleep architecture likely due to respiratory events and first night effect

Recommendations and Plan:
1. Auto titrating CPAP 5- 15 cm of H2O with heated humidification and PAP download follow up is
recommended.
2. Untreated OSA can cause substantial daytime sleepiness that may impair the ability to perform daily
activities including operating heavy machinery or driving. The patient should be counseled regarding the
risks of daytime sleepiness.
3. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call [phone number of fancy big-city sleep clinic]

I'm somewhat amused by the fact that the doctor wrote notes with instructions to me but then they did nothing to actually communicate those instructions to me! If I was not an experienced patient I never would have seen them!

Also note that he's really an idiot because a minimum pressure of 5 is ugly nasty to try to fall asleep with! (It's a damn good thing I know how to set my pressures!)

But, anyway, notice the "PAP download follow up" there. I'm having my follow-up with the PA at the fancy sleep clinic in a week -- do you think that somebody finally got around to noticing that they wanted data from my machine and that it was still locked to the first DME that I have had no contact with since December of 2015?

...or is it all just a coincidence?

... yeah, the sound of quacking is very loud!

(... and also did I mention I hate MyAir more than the heat of a 1000 suns? http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-1000-suns)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I just got a puzzling email from MyAir?
The provider you obtained your machine from is no longer subscribing your machine to an AirView subscription. This costs the provider some money to maintain the reports and data from that machine through Resmed"s Airview, which is only available to doctors and providers. Apparently, Resmed also discontinues the free MyAir patinet subscription when Airview paid subscription is discontinued. You have been given instructions to opt-in if you choose to do so. I can't think of anything worthwhile provided by MyAir but your choice to make. If you do nothing, your summary data and MyAir reports will not be available to you through Resmed. I don't know if the machine will continue to provide data to Resmed or not.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great Info...But where did you get it?

I never knew that someone had to pay ResMed, in order for a machine to participate in MyAir.
I'm certain that I didn't skip over that part in reading the TOS for MyAir.

I purchased a Resmed AirSense 10 machine off of Craigslist and received the same email as Cathy from ResMed when I registered it.

Besides not being able to participate in MyAir, is there any way that the DME that previously managed this device can remotely make changes to it or change the settings I've set in it?

I don't use insurance or a DME, as I'm in a job that would require some gov't bureaucrat to look over my medical data and decide if I was fit or not fit to work (don't worry, I don't fly a plane, drive a big rig, or tugboat...).

I paid for my own sleep study and my first machine years ago...but rather than buy new (and overpay) CPAP, I purchased a gently used machine with 300 hours on it from someone who died (of a heart attack - not in their sleep) - their surviving daughter sold the machine on Craigslist.

So, I'm worried...that the DME did not get paid for the machine or something else...and some DME is going to somehow try and repo their CPAP machine.  I guess I can disable the cell phone cable in the machine but I like the MyAir feature for a quick look at my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting followup -- I had my appointment yesterday with the sleep center. The NP mentioned that it was a good thing that I had brought my card along because when she had prepped for my appointment the online system said that I had discontinued using the cpap on June 13th.

...this is all such a racket...
Post Reply Post Reply
SD data more reliable. You're in control of it. Me would probably not let the SD out of sight. Or at least make a full backup of the SD onto the PC.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2021, 07:00 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The provider you obtained your machine from is no longer subscribing your machine to an AirView subscription. This costs the provider some money to maintain the reports and data from that machine through Resmed"s Airview, which is only available to doctors and providers.  Apparently, Resmed also discontinues the free MyAir patinet subscription when Airview paid subscription is discontinued.  You have been given instructions to opt-in if you choose to do so.  I can't think of anything worthwhile provided by MyAir but your choice to make. If you do nothing, your summary data and MyAir reports will not be available to you through Resmed.  I don't know if the machine will continue to provide data to Resmed or not.

I'm curious as to where you rcvd the above bolded information?  I'd like to look more into it.

Also, in Cathy's email, I don't see the part where she was given instructions to opt-in - I rcvd the same e-mail and it only gives you the option to try again, with basically a different serial number.  Did you mean a "Paid Opt-in"??

Agree that MyAir is nothing more than Bells and Whistles...and OSCAR is far superior to most in learning about their therapy and to make adjustments as needed...MyAir just can't do that. 

There is ONE good thing that MyAir has...that I can't seem to recreate in OSCAR.
MyAir has the ability to provide a simple one-page report that summarizes your CPAP usage over the past month, 3-months, and 1-year.  It's great for the gov't bureaucrats who want to make sure you're using your machine...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2021, 11:10 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: SD data more reliable. You're in control of it. Me would probably not let the SD out of sight. Or at least make a full backup of the SD onto the PC.

HA! paranoid minds think alike!

The card I handed them WAS a backup card. I also have a .dmg file on my computer with all of my data since Day One on it. (I don't have OSCAR read the data off my card. I have it read the backup after the card is back in the cpap.) And I have multiple backups of that .dmg file taken at different points in time.

Each time my card has failed I've restored my backup to a new card. The card in my machine right now is the 3rd or 4th one, and it has every dated subfolder in the Datalog directory back to Oct 10, 2014.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2021, 07:00 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The provider you obtained your machine from is no longer subscribing your machine to an AirView subscription. This costs the provider some money to maintain the reports and data from that machine through Resmed"s Airview, which is only available to doctors and providers.  Apparently, Resmed also discontinues the free MyAir patinet subscription when Airview paid subscription is discontinued.  You have been given instructions to opt-in if you choose to do so.  I can't think of anything worthwhile provided by MyAir but your choice to make. If you do nothing, your summary data and MyAir reports will not be available to you through Resmed.  I don't know if the machine will continue to provide data to Resmed or not.

I went to the MyAir website and logged in the same day as I got the email (June 12th), and it took me to my dashboard. I poked around a bit and downloaded a csv of the data they have on me.

I logged in a few minutes ago, and MyAir account has all of my recent data up to last night. It even awarded me a GOLD BADGE on June 16th.

What's weird is that if the account was still tied to the DME that sold me the machine up until June 12th, that's 5-1/2 years that they were paying for my data after I was no longer their patient. (and I was only their patient for 16 months.)
Post Reply Post Reply
My MyAir experience
I check my S10 "for her" when I wake up. My numbers are good (usually) I don't often download my card from the S10 to my OSCAR file.
I check MyAir regularly.

Today it said, "Adjust mask seal".  I dowloaded my SD card from the S10 to the OSCAR site. It showed I had quite severe mouth breathing.  I looked back day by day and saw I've had some mouth breathing. It was 9 days since I looked at my card in OSCAR.

I've been using my home-made pad under my jaw all this time. It's much more comfortable than the Knightsbridge Dual Strap I have.

Now it's time to figure out why I've been mouth breathing. (I'm claustrophobic.) I've tried about 8 full face masks and took them all off after wearing them a very short while.)

I use an N20 ResMed mask.

I find it really convenient to use. I try not to obsess about numbers; I try to rely upon how I feel. Last night I slept for 7 hours and 37 minutes. My AHI was 0.3.  I felt "ok" when I woke up inspire of mouth breathing so much.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
If you want full control of your data then set your S10 to airplane mode. I have seen instructions for opening up your machine to remove the modem, but you do that at your own risk, obviously, and I personally wouldn't recommend it, especially if your machine is still within the warranty period. Plus, bear in mind that if your doctor/supplier requires you to meet compliance criteria such as hours used per day and days used per month, then they may well be relying on the data uploaded by the modem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 643 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 575 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,451 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,743 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.