Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events per hour and mouth guard
RE: Events per hour and mouth guard
(06-16-2017, 07:05 AM)Drucifer Wrote: A bruxism guard is likely changing the amount your throats is allowed to relax due to its thickness causing slightly more obstruction? That is my best gues. You may even be gettting some mouth leakage if it is making your lips separate, thus breaking the seal.

Hi I wear the nasal mask resmed p10 I have no leaks.  I think it is my night guard that is causing my events per hour to go up. But I  need to wear my guard due to bruxism .   This grinding has caused severe tooth pain plus tmj problems so I can't be without I will keep record of my events per hour and let him know.  I am going for my second sleep study next week and I will ask them to assess with my night guard on. second
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Events per hour and mouth guard
(06-16-2017, 06:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: What number do you think it should be?    An AHI of 0.0 is like a hole-in-one in golf.  .  . It happens but not every day.     1"ish" is a very good number.     More importantly; How do you feel?

My events per hour on the machine indicates it is increasing  when I started my cpap machine a month without the guard my events per hour were under one  now with guard they are over one sometimes 2.4  per hour  I know if I am under 5 it is good but it is going up the past week   I am still not getting quality sleep I don't feel
Well rested with the exception of one week ago.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 110 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,321 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 110 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 194 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 214 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 112 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 11 811 04-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.