Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: I just hate incompetence!
(03-19-2014 12:06 PM)nsheaffer Wrote:  Nice. I have one too.

My Local Ap***(Not sure if I am allowed to say exactly who it was) Healthcare office took 19 days to get me my new CPAP machine. Paid for it Feb 27th and received it March 18th. Was told that they simply overlooked the order. Branch manager apologized and delivered it in person to me at work yesterday. I had called the local office many times and could never get past the waiting for rep message. Several emails to corporate and I finally got a call from the branch manager. LOL. I was beginning to think that they took my money and closed the branch down or something.

If you stay with this DME, be prepared. My insurance company is coaching their billing department because of their screw ups. They billed my insurance company for supplies I never got and I am not the only one or my insurance company wouldn't be coaching them. I left them after 4 months, 4 nightmare months and they still have not fixed the over billing and it is now 7 months later. I returned my machine and I am so glad not to be dealing with them anymore.
03-19-2014 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Randy2 Offline

New Members

Machine: none
Mask Type: Not using mask
Mask Make & Model: none
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: none
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

One of the more frustrating things about this to me is that if it is THEIR fault, it is ‘just a mistake’ and we should not make a big deal about it. But if we make a mistake, you had better believe that we are going to pay for it somehow. Glad you are getting it sorted.
03-20-2014 04:44 AM
Thegirls Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Apex iCH Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Apex Wizard 220
Humidifier: Apex
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(02-28-2014 04:20 PM)mjbearit Wrote:  So I have an HMO. They have a DME department whose sole function is to approve DME devices and/or supplies for devices. I assume they also do the vendor management between the HMO and the Provider DMEs (who are outside companies). About a year and a half ago, maybe 2 years... I don't know now, I went to the offices of the Provider DME for a new mask setup. The technician there was so very rude and unprofessional I was just appalled. He then told me I could not have a new machine and that was that. He also told me at that time that I was only allotted 1 mask per year. So here I have been calling to get refills annually and paying for the in between stuff out of my pocket. You know, we do what we have to. So I called just a little bit ago and they had put in a new order desk since last year that is not affiliated with a specific shop (they are a national DME company). As I am talking to the gal on the phone we started just talking about stuff in general and I told her about how rude the guy was, and she said she had heard this story before from folks in my area. She then told me how often I am supposed to receive supplies... WHAT?! Huhsign Needless to say, I have a huge care package coming!

There is no way they can either a) reimburse you for the expenses you incurred on the supplies you should 'not' have paid for? Or b) provide you with XXX amount of supplies retroactively? Thinking-about

In other words, if you bought 2 masks, they should provide you with 2 'free' masks in addition to the replacements that you are entitled to? I mean, I appreciate that the new 'gal' was very nice, but that does not address the fact that you paid for items you didn't have to. Oh-jeez
06-30-2014 05:54 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Angry I Hate Call-in Centers PollCat 6 2,211 06-30-2014 05:42 PM
Last Post: Thegirls
  Oh I hate Windows 7 justMongo 8 1,546 06-23-2014 10:46 AM
Last Post: djjwilly
  I hate the health care system JJJ 13 3,651 07-04-2013 12:30 AM
Last Post: archangle