Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Change from APAP to CPAP Mode?
Change from APAP to CPAP Mode?
Hi. I have been using AirSense machines for years now. I currently use  an AirSense 11. It has been, with slight changes over the years, generally set so it fluctuates in range between 8 to 12 in apap mode. 8 is lowest pressure and 12 is the high end limit. A 5 weeks ago my doctor decided to change the machine and try a straight 9 only for pressure, epr off and a change to cpap mode. My problem is that they have not done it remotely in 5 weeks. I have talked to the doctors office 3 times and after they check they say it hasn't been done but we will get them (the supplier or whoever) to change it now. It still doesn't get done. I can easily change the pressure to a straight 9 but is there a way I can change it from the current apap mode to cpap? The doctor wanted a straight only 9, epr off in cpap mode. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Change from APAP to CPAP Mode?
I often ask members to use a fixed pressure to fix a problem. I can't really judge the effectiveness of your docotor's suggestion without seeing some charts from OSCAR to compare or your input on comfort. It really does not matter if you use Autoset mode at 10 minimum, 10 maximum, or use CPAP mode at 10 cm. The CPAP mode will not record flow limitation, so we like to see results in Autoset mode for that additional data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. Thanks for your reply.  All I wish to do is set the AirSense 11 in cpap mode. Thanks for your offer to view some of my data but I just want to follow my doctor's recommendations for now. Pressure 9, epr off (easy enough) but the change to cpap mode is what I need help on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again. Are you saying that running fixed at 9 in apap would be the same as running 9 in cpap except you will be missing that one piece of data? I might have misunderstood your reply. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Willky,
Request a copy of the Clinicians Manual for your A11. This will show you how to change pressure and settings and have a better understanding of how your machine works.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

We like to look at Flow Limitation and I believe SleepRider was just trying to explain that Flow Limitation doesn't show up in some of the AirSense 10's. Although, I believe the AirSense 11 machines will show Flow limitation in Cpap Mode.

We're here for you if you have no luck with your Doctor.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 361 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 553 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 425 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.