Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaking Resmed P10 mask
Leaking Resmed P10 mask
Twice now I have woken at around 5:30 in the morning to find cold air blowing on my face. It seems the P10 mask can easily leak between the mask frame and the removable pillow. As I usually sleep on my side (helps keep my mouth shut) I am guessing that it gets slightly dislodged.

Are there any ways to reduce this? Lanolin along the join? Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaking Resmed P10 mask
I've never had my P10 nasal pillow come apart between the frame and where the pillow snaps in.
Have you checked the mask frame for defects. The pillow snaps in on both sides, and shouldn't come loose that easily.

Now I have managed to knock my entire mask off when turning over, but that definitely wakes me up with the air blowing in my face...but the pillow is still firmly attached to the frame.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does not really come apart, but air blows out through the crack. If I reach up and wiggle the rubbery part it seems to seal again. The leak rate went up to between 13 and 15 (L/min?)
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have not had that happen. I would check to make sure the pillow is fully snapped into the frame.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2016, 10:31 AM)Sn00zeAlarm Wrote: Twice now I have woken at around 5:30 in the morning to find cold air blowing on my face. It seems the P10 mask can easily leak between the mask frame and the removable pillow. As I usually sleep on my side (helps keep my mouth shut) I am guessing that it gets slightly dislodged.

Are there any ways to reduce this? Lanolin along the join? Huh

can't see how this could happen if the pillow is clipped into the frame properly, unless you've messed up the sealing edge that runs around the edge of the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had that happen several times. Usually I notice it before I am completely asleep. I am a side sleeper too.

What I've tried is to unsnap, then re-snap the pillow into the frame. If it doesn't give me a good solid "click" then I know it will do this. It this doesn't work then I change pillows. Very annoying! Last night I gave up on it and changed to a new pillow which helped.

I don't really have a method that works every time. But, I'm pretty sure it has to do with that thin wimple along the inside edge of the pillow either getting caught when it is snapped, or it is worn out or defective.

Good luck. Let me know if you find something that works.

PS I feel like ResMed has changed the design of, or the place they manufacture the supplies, or maybe both. My original frame and headband worked. Subsequent replacement parts have not worked as well......
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2016, 02:52 PM)Dagmar1 Wrote: PS I feel like ResMed has changed the design of, or the place they manufacture the supplies, or maybe both.

I just received my first set of "replacement parts" and the pillows say "Made in China", even though the "manufacturer" is listed as ResMed Australia.. The machine itself said "Made in Singapore".
Post Reply Post Reply
I had this happen with my first p10 mask, as well, and had horrible leaks showing up in my sleepyhead software. I just received my new p10 mask, and the problem resolved. I do believe that the gasket on my original mask may have been defective.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 4 189 03-16-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 331 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 326 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 463 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 474 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 560 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,421 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.