Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I keep waking up
I keep waking up
I been using my CPAP religiously ie every night. I've been noticing, especially the last week or so that I am waking 3 to 4 times a night. Wondering if they're associated with an event....hypopnea or Obstructive apnea.

\My AHI was .54 and has usually been less than 1.
Is this waking up normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I keep waking up
can you use the computer to read your cpap? maybe it will show you somthing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile says you use Rescan software. When you wake up, note the time. You have a very good AHI, similar to mine. Waking might be triggered by an event, but most of the time mine is triggered by a monster leak....LOL, my mask of course. Anyway, you should be able to isolate the waking to what's doing it. We are all cursed with leaks. That seems to be the bane of cpap and we are constantly trying headgear adjustments, and other masks to chase away the leaks. I have bought more masks some on insurance some paid by me, trying to find that one magic fit. The search goes on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. I have the sleepyhead software installed but can't my files are too big to attach. I think the waking up is due to an event. Which makes me think I should increase my pressure. I need to see the sleep Doctor in a few weeks. Then I can ask him. Last night I woke up 3/4 times again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2016, 05:51 PM)iloveoliver Wrote: Okay. I have the sleepyhead software installed but can't my files are too big to attach. I think the waking up is due to an event. Which makes me think I should increase my pressure. I need to see the sleep Doctor in a few weeks. Then I can ask him. Last night I woke up 3/4 times again.

You will be able to post screen shots of the Sleepyhead charts soon, there are limits to posting when you are new. As you post more you will get more abilities.

For now you can put the screenshots of the charts from Sleepyhead at a free site like Imgur or postage.org, etc. and then just use the link to your image on that site in your post here, and that will work fine.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 236 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 357 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 242 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 171 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 282 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 255 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.