Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I know my AHI is good, just
I know my AHI is good, just
Wondering if some of these events could be from chin tucking? I feel like I woke up at least once with my head slumped down.
I use an adjustable bed, so head is raised and I am on my back. THANKS!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I know my AHI is good, just
I noticed your post. I've had that concern too.
I don't have the skill to read your chart. But I care. I've been compliant for over 30 years. My story isn't important, but just letting you know how incredible the people here are.
My treatment is so much better since I learned to ask questions here, and listen to the suggestions I get.

Welcome to the forum! You will find the people here are so well informed and helpful.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Dave, the people here are great! Thanks for your concern. I hope you are getting the help you need.

Rose
Post Reply Post Reply
Could be some look a little together.  Maybe you have a thick pillow?  Can you find a flatter one to try?
You are really close to you Max toping out.  Do you hit the max some?

You might inch up your Min pressure to 8.6 > 8.8 > 9
See if that helps your Obstructions.

Your FL look fine.

Good job on no ramp..
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use an adjustable hospital-style bed and keep the head raised some, and I find my head tends to lol as well. The only thing I found that stopped that was a soft collar (or perhaps one of those travel pillows might work too. But if they are positional, a soft collar might be a good plan anyway. Some of the cervical support pillows can help stop your head from rolling too, but I found they just gave me neck pain.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the Obstructives (see where they are clumped together) showing on your graph are positional.  

Be sure your bed pillow is a thinner flat type, so it doesn't tilt your head forward.  If that doesn't work, then you may want to try a soft cervical collar.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I have since raised my pressure to 9 and things are going pretty well. I also raised the max to 13, though I have not maxed out yet. I now use a soft travel pillow that opens up lengthwise, so it is at the base of my head. I do a little better with it re: head lolling, though some nights are tricky. I may look into a collar.
Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2021, 09:23 PM)DJCpap Wrote: Thank you! I have since raised my pressure to 9 and things are going pretty well. I also raised the max to 13, though I have not maxed out yet. I now use a soft travel pillow that opens up lengthwise, so it is at the base of my head. I do a little better with it re: head lolling, though some nights are tricky. I may look into a collar.
Thanks again!

Good hear. 
Can we get a more current screen shot to view?

Please used the View > Take Screenshot or hit F12 to get it.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing fine. For you information pressure change can NOT help with positional apnea!  You can only stop getting in that position.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.