Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I live here!
Cool 
Thought you might like to see my little part of the world.

MUSKOKA

Maybe others would like to share where they live?

Coffee
Nice looking golf courses! Man, I haven't been golfing in about 2 years or so... not enough time & money, but I would love to get out there again, and your courses look very inviting, Bompa.

I currently live in northwest Indiana (Lake County). We're best known for Gary, Indiana, which has had the privilege of being deemed the "murder capital of the nation" for several years... but I think Gary lost the title a few years ago. But I have confidence that the gangs will kill enough people this year to take back the title. Oh-jeez

I don't live within Gary city limits, just a few miles from there... but we do need the tourism dollars, so I'm hoping you'll all come and visit. Here's some tourism pics to encourage you to pick Gary as your next vacation spot:

[Image: l.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSsY6Qw-NrPDZkEa_atah...OVvlTSTcoZ] [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-aMR0Y5m2j5gq72RhGzF...FkXeq7X2Pv] [Image: slovakclub03a.jpg]

[Image: gary-closed-600.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdHzAljsXMPJyH6_JOonD...An1Hh5Ildh] [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy3AkOlUobunvn4MLntp_...H_1YkH-qqt]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSc1qieNMpgnIdnoZuHmn...HEvO-ifUJA] [Image: og01.jpg]

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Hi Bompa,
I'm in the midwest in the heartland.
I live about 70 miles west of St. Louis Missouri in the U.S..
trish6hundred

(06-24-2013, 09:17 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I currently live in northwest Indiana (Lake County). We're best known for Gary, Indiana, which has had the privilege of being deemed the "murder capital of the nation" for several years... but I think Gary lost the title a few years ago. But I have confidence that the gangs will kill enough people this year to take back the title. Oh-jeez

I don't live within Gary city limits, just a few miles from there... but we do need the tourism dollars, so I'm hoping you'll all come and visit. Here's some tourism pics to encourage you to pick Gary as your next vacation spot:

[Image: l.jpg]

While they may well deserve better pay, I love the implication that things would improve if the government spent more taxpayer money on police salaries.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(06-25-2013, 01:30 PM)archangle Wrote: While they may well deserve better pay, I love the implication that things would improve if the government spent more taxpayer money on police salaries.

Agreed. The issue of crime in Gary has nothing to do with police salaries. They could quadruple the paychecks of Gary cops and it would have very little effect upon the crime rate.

That said, I woudn't want to be a Gary Cop and for what they're asked to do, they probably are underpaid. Back in the early 90's I think - the gangs basically took over many sections of the city. The cops just walked away and let the gangs take over. The Indiana State Police was called in to police the city, because the Gary cops were afraid of the gang members, refusing to respond to 911 calls in the sections of the city where gangs were in control. (and their fear was probably justifiable).

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Question 
(06-25-2013, 01:41 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 01:30 PM)archangle Wrote: While they may well deserve better pay, I love the implication that things would improve if the government spent more taxpayer money on police salaries.

Agreed. The issue of crime in Gary has nothing to do with police salaries. They could quadruple the paychecks of Gary cops and it would have very little effect upon the crime rate.

That said, I woudn't want to be a Gary Cop and for what they're asked to do, they probably are underpaid. Back in the early 90's I think - the gangs basically took over many sections of the city. The cops just walked away and let the gangs take over. The Indiana State Police was called in to police the city, because the Gary cops were afraid of the gang members, refusing to respond to 911 calls in the sections of the city where gangs were in control. (and their fear was probably justifiable).

Thinking-about

Isn't it funny how when I started a Thread to show members what a great part of my country I live in, I get responses about how some live in a murder capital and then onto talk police politics!!!

Dont-know

I shall refrain from posting pictures of Zurich - wouldn't want to get anyone upset....
We dont have any drive by shooters here. The gators ate them all.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
(06-27-2013, 05:16 AM)Shastzi Wrote: We dont have any drive by shooters here. The gators ate them all.

Smile

Yay!!! Go Gators!!!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtvjFHjXv9kwK365UTXgD...-3TFluTUkx]
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Well - not all of Indiana is like Lake County. I live in Hamilton County, in the "city" of Westfield.

Bob.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you snore, blame it on traffic fumes: People who live close to busy roads found to icyura10 3 276 08-30-2016, 11:41 PM
Last Post: chill