I live here!
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: I live here!
(06-27-2013 08:13 AM)PollCat Wrote:  Well - not all of Indiana is like Lake County. I live in Hamilton County, in the "city" of Westfield.

Bob.

True. Westfield is a nice community. Far enough away from Indianapolis city limits.... there's some areas of Indianapolis where I wouldn't want to be alone at night.... But even those areas in Indy are much better than a lot of the areas in Gary.

Northern Lake County (East Chicago, Hammond, Gary, etc) is worse than southern Lake County. Gary is the worst, however. There are some nice, safer smaller communities like Munster, Schererville, Griffith, St. John, Crown Point, Lowell etc. Merrillville is marginal, as long as you stay south of Route 30. The general movement of the criminal/gang element is southward, consistently, year after year. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't purchase a home north of Route 30, and if I was younger and looking now, with a 30 year time horizon, I wouldn't purchase in Lake County at all, north or south.

I know a lot of people who wish that Lake County would just become part of Chicago and leave the rest of Indiana alone. Bigwink

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

06-27-2013 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
MAPnea Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet - currently "set" on CPAP mode
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit F10 and P10 - varies
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8

Other Comments: New Sleep Doc + New DME = Trying new approach to PAP therapy.

Sex: Female

I live in a valley in Northeastern Nevada that is 350 square miles and only 350 humans live here full time. The closest Wal-Mart is 135 miles away (whew!), we have no cell phone coverage (which leads to many dinner parties where we talk with each other instead of texting others), the closest grocery store is 70 miles away and my Sleep Doctor is 175 miles away. I'm so glad I live in the Snake Valley. And I'm so glad I found this Forum! But most of all, I'm so glad my cardiologist suggested a sleep study!
06-27-2013 09:50 PM
Paptillian Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 10, EPR x2
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(06-27-2013 09:50 PM)MAPnea Wrote:  we have no cell phone coverage

More importantly, your internet seems to be working :grin:

Welcome!
06-28-2013 09:33 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

Right now, the wife and I live in Knoxville, TN.

[Image: 007-1_zpsa957380b.jpg]

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-29-2013 12:43 PM
OMyMyOHellYes Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics 560 Auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Respironics System One (no heated hose)
CPAP Pressure: 08.0-15.0 cm/H2O
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(06-26-2013 03:32 PM)DocWils Wrote:  I shall refrain from posting pictures of Zurich - wouldn't want to get anyone upset....

Worse than Gary, IN?!?!?

OMyMy
06-30-2013 09:42 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

(06-26-2013 03:32 PM)DocWils Wrote:  I shall refrain from posting pictures of Zurich - wouldn't want to get anyone upset....

I'm officially jealous. Got a spare room where I can come stay and visit Rolleyes for a few weeks?

I'm sure we could really get into a misinformed discussion about gun control if we discussed Zurich as well.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 12:40 AM by archangle.)
07-04-2013 12:40 AM
jgjones1972 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50I PulseOx

(07-04-2013 12:40 AM)archangle Wrote:  I'm sure we could really get into a misinformed discussion about gun control if we discussed Zurich as well.

Ok, I'll bite...I think NPR gives a pretty objective account right here:

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/19/174758723/...un-culture

I'm a big fan of Swiss Rifles. Notice the rifle being aimed by the older gentleman in the picture at the top of the article. It is a K-31, a beautiful piece of craftsmanship and extremely accurate even though they shoot the huge and powerful 7.5 x 55 Swiss Cartridge. Being an older fellow, that is probably the rifle that was issued to him when he was much younger (before the full auto SG "Storm Rifles" came out). All of these older Swiss military rifles (often incorrectly referred to as "Schmidt-Rubin" rifles) have a straight-pull bolt, an engineering marvel which is very difficult and cost prohibitive to mass produce today. My absolute favorite rifle in my collection is an M 96/11 (Sometimes referred to as LG 96/11, LG for "Long Rifle" in German). The one I have was manufactured in 1904 in Waffenfabrik Bern (Swiss rifle factory in Canton Bern) - but later upgraded to the M/(LG) 11 style (design adopted in 1911) and issued to a gentleman in Aargau. It is almost identical to the relatively newer 1931 Karabiner except it has a much longer barrel and is a little more accurate at very long distances (both models exceed minute of angle). I would love to be able to examine one of the full auto Swiss rifles they have now - alas, Switzerland is just too far away for a weekend trip. Maybe when I retire...
07-04-2013 09:09 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO_PBsYopsBm_hVyCLw0x...UEuTsagdMA]
07-04-2013 06:13 PM
iSnooze Offline
Apnea Board Proofreader
Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics PR System One C-Flex+
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 11

Other Comments: also use a Comfort Gel Full Mask by Respironics

Sex: Female

I was born in Gary, grew up near the Chicago border, have lived in various cities in Indiana and Germany and now live in rural Indiana, approximately 1.5 hours southeast of South Bend and 1 hour northwest of Fort Wayne. There's not much here but small towns and corn fields. Occasionally a farmer will shake it up and plant soybeans. Oddly, I like this quiet life here but miss the beauty a hilly landscape.
07-05-2013 09:12 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I live in North Carolina, in the western end, in Buncombe County, near Asheville, in a little community called Leicester.

The big controversy around here is: it pronounced Less-ter or Lee-sess-ter? Years ago, a radio staion once did a study over time. When a caller said they were from Leicester, the DJ would ask if they drove a car or a truck. After nearly a year, they announced the result (no one but them knew they were doing it). The overwhelming divide was if you drove a truck, you pronounced it Less-ter. Car drivers called it the other name (which is incorrect, according to the Brits). There were so few switch hitters, it was shocking.

I drive a truck.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

07-05-2013 10:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  If you snore, blame it on traffic fumes: People who live close to busy roads found to icyura10 3 228 08-30-2016 11:41 PM
Last Post: chill