Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50I PulseOx

Sex: Male

RE: I live here!
I live in Ohio, about 60 miles South of Columbus, between Chillicothe and Portsmouth, in the Scioto River Valley.

Unfortuately I'm rarely home and spend most of my time staying in:

Indianapolis, IN
Lafayette, IN
Merrillville, IN
Naperville, IL
Michigan City, IN
South Bend, IN
Elkhart, IN
Coldwater, MI
Jackson, MI
Ann Arbor, MI
Detroit, MI
Owensboro, KY
Nashville, TN
And
Athens, AL

I hope to retire some day and NOT travel.
07-06-2013 06:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

(07-05-2013 09:12 PM)iSnooze Wrote:  live approximately 1.5 hours southeast of South Bend and 1 hour northwest of Fort Wayne.

Having lived/worked in Indiana since 1969, I do believe you are a very slow driver! Laugh-a-lot Dielaughing
07-06-2013 09:40 AM
jgjones1972 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50I PulseOx

(07-06-2013 09:40 AM)PollCat Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 09:12 PM)iSnooze Wrote:  live approximately 1.5 hours southeast of South Bend and 1 hour northwest of Fort Wayne.

Having lived/worked in Indiana since 1969, I do believe you are a very slow driver! Laugh-a-lot Dielaughing

Sounds pretty accurate to me, when you figure in the farm machinery.:grin:
07-06-2013 10:21 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

I live approximately 1570 miles northeast of Pahrump, Nevada.

SHa_biggrin5

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-06-2013 09:42 PM
iSnooze Offline
Apnea Board Proofreader
Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics PR System One C-Flex+
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 11

Other Comments: also use a Comfort Gel Full Mask by Respironics

Sex: Female

I wish this board had a "Like" option. I would use it whenever the post makes me smile - which is a lot. I like the humor on this board.
07-07-2013 08:15 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
cowboy1970 Online

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Puritan Bennett Breeze
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: around 11 now (2/20/13)
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Try not to think about a spider crawling up your nose from inside your tubing as your drift off. lol

I live very near Tacoma, WA. We have a serious problem with a culture of corruption in all levels of government in this state. (ok well, who doesn't right?!!)

We are known for our dirty cops.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread....n-stories!

For years we had a drunk driving commercial that stated,
"Drive hammered, get nailed!" then we found out that our cops were
parking outside clubs and bars and following nice looking women a few blocks away and then pulling them over. They then described in detail how this shiny new DUI was going to utterly destroy their life and then offered them a way out. Wives, mothers, daughters, and girlfriends were all systematically preyed upon by scumbag cops who were being paid by our hard-earned tax dollars to rape them. Most were never reported because of shame at the thought of going through a public trial or fear of what 'the blue brotherhood' might do to them. Now read the slogan again. Yep, they made a lot of jokes about it.

I was raised to respect police officers. I have high school friends and other friends in various levels of law enforcement. My oldest brother was an mp in the air force. But the older I get and the more I experience, I know that the system breeds abuse. Putting a badge on someone doesn't magically instill a set of moral values in them. Limited powers and accountability are desperately needed to keep all levels of government from becoming a culture of corruption.

Do you realize how many officers kill an innocent either intentionally or accidently 'in the line of duty' and get off with a slap on the wrist? It's outrageous. Some don't even lose their jobs or pensions.

I think all officers should have to wear cameras. Take them off the traffic signals and strap them to officer's uniforms. It should record every thing they say and do. It should record the entire interior of their vehicle and around their vehicle. I also think this should be the same for monitoring people in public office. If they want to record our every movement and phone call, then turn about is fair play. All politicians should have to submit to searches, checkpoints, random drug tests, record every phone call, medical reports, and so on. If they are going to live off our tax money, they should forfeit their privacy. Just like we select random jury pools for trials, each year across the country thousands of citizens should do their duty and form panels to oversee performance reviews on judges, police officers, school administration, any public elected or appointed office. No section of city, county, state, or federal government department should be exempt from public accountability to citizen panels. I know you think this would be impossible but it wouldn't, especially if the government was downsized to an appropriate functioning size.

Also term limits for every level of elected or appointed office. No more that two terms or eight total years. Period. Even (actually especially) the Supreme Court. Too much power rests in the hands of too few for too long.

I could go on but I simply don't have the time. You see, when I got up on January 1st of this year, I had to turn over 100% of my hard earned money to the government (city, county, state, federal) each and every day. I didn't get to start keeping any till about the second week of June. In fines, fees, levees, taxes, permits, licenses, and so forth the government takes almost half our money. YOU and I are slaves for almost half a year, EVERY YEAR of our adult tax paying lives. Slaves to a government that wastes those dollars on foreign countries that hate us, wars that we shouldn't be in, corporations that are destroying us from the inside out, and lining their pockets all the while.

The other half of my money is practically stolen by the corporations, banks, and insurance companies that lobby our government into complete and utter submission. Some day it has to end, whether by us or our children.
07-08-2013 03:24 AM
cowboy1970 Online

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Puritan Bennett Breeze
CPAP Pressure: around 11 now (2/20/13)
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Try not to think about a spider crawling up your nose from inside your tubing as your drift off. lol

I know I may have offended some people with my last post. Controversial topics like this cannot help but offend someone. I find that no reason not to discuss important matters like this though. (yes, a double negative.)

Here is an example of what I was saying. When law enforcement is not given proper vetting, oversight, and held to the same standard as citizens, then you have a situation that fosters abuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSPhC916GQM#at=104

Here is an article about the 'punishment' the officer received.
"David Corob 1 hour ago Just looked it up, The officer got 3 YEARS on a manslaughter charge, I have heard weed peddlers and child support bums getting more." My thoughts exactly.

It is this unquestioning support of authority that attracted and sustained so many child molesters into the priesthood of the Catholic Church. ...ok, I can hear the collective steam whistle out of my fellow forum readers ears. I am not trying to provoke by sounding antipatriotic or antireligious. I am actually quite religious and patriotic. The topic (at least to me) is about accountability.

Normal law abiding citizens should be called each year by the thousands to form review panels that have the power to review complaints, remove from office, fire from positions, or even arrest and charge government workers and elected officials. Yes, there would have to be a hierarchy of civic court to do this with a form of limited appeal, but it should be in place so that the government (local, state, and federal) was more accountable to the people. Our current system is broken and too easily corruptible.
07-09-2013 02:09 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
southernlady Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: None
Mask Type: Not using mask
Mask Make & Model: None
Humidifier: None
CPAP Pressure: None
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(07-05-2013 10:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I live in North Carolina, in the western end, in Buncombe County, near Asheville, in a little community called Leicester.

The big controversy around here is: it pronounced Less-ter or Lee-sess-ter? Years ago, a radio staion once did a study over time. When a caller said they were from Leicester, the DJ would ask if they drove a car or a truck. After nearly a year, they announced the result (no one but them knew they were doing it). The overwhelming divide was if you drove a truck, you pronounced it Less-ter. Car drivers called it the other name (which is incorrect, according to the Brits). There were so few switch hitters, it was shocking.

I drive a truck.
When my husband answered this question earlier, we DID live in Knoxville. We have since moved to Polk County, NC to Tryon
09-16-2013 05:31 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Lovely area! We drive through there on our way to Charlotte.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-16-2013 06:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

As of a few days ago, I now live here:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHNrWMSAQ6c3J1gRbWx8K...DsrekN7cDu]

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

09-16-2013 08:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  If you snore, blame it on traffic fumes: People who live close to busy roads found to icyura10 3 229 08-30-2016 11:41 PM
Last Post: chill