Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'll be darned...
RE: I'll be darned...........
Wow! 224 total targets. Let's hope they never have to be used.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2020, 09:14 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Add helicopters and balloons as well. We jumped out of airplanes and balloons in Britain and Belgium. They awarded us our jump wings for that.  Cool

How many jumps did you make before they issued you a parachute? Too-funny
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2020, 06:58 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 09:14 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Add helicopters and balloons as well. We jumped out of airplanes and balloons in Britain and Belgium. They awarded us our jump wings for that.  Cool

How many jumps did you make before they issued you a parachute?   Too-funny

I was suspicious from the very 1st jump, and demanded a main chute, and a reserve chute as well.  Bigwink

They gave me both! I'm not called Big Guy for nothing.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
As the old joke goes ...

You don't need a parachute to skydive.

You only need a parachute if you plan to do it more than once.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not the fall that kills you, just that sudden stop at the end.

I could never see leaving a perfectly good aircraft in flight. For every takeoff, I have an equivalent landing.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes a flight can be so bad, all that I want is out.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
As an USAF navigator part of my job was to keep track of approaches and landings when we were in the pattern. Had one pilot real good at bouncing them in. If he made the final landing I always asked "how many touch and goes do you want to log before that full stop" as he usually touched down several times before rolling out. When flying AWACS I had been know to announce on the mission net (folks in the back) "damage Report - all stations" after a really hard landing. JOys of flying in the training squadron with all the folks going thru initial qualification.

Flew with a co-pilot (right seat) so bad, the instructor pilot threatened him with "The nav can land better than you."
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2020, 11:33 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I went to the myAir site and found out that I had a 100 score for Aug. 17th. I've had some come close, but no 100. 

First one ever since having started CPAP Therapy in early Sept. / 2018.  Cool

Well done!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2020, 04:36 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: As an USAF navigator part of my job was to keep track of approaches and landings when we were in the pattern. Had one pilot real good at bouncing them in. If he made the final landing I always asked "how many touch and goes do you want to log before that full stop" as he usually touched down several times before rolling out. When flying AWACS I had been know to announce on the mission net (folks in the back) "damage Report - all stations" after a really hard landing. JOys of flying in the training squadron with all the folks going thru initial qualification.

Flew with a co-pilot (right seat) so bad, the instructor pilot threatened him with "The nav can land better than you."

Oh my.
(My Father served on HMCS Magnificent.  Early 1950's.  A small Canadian straight-deck aircraft carrier. He shared a cabin.  No. 3 wire went through the deckhead.  That's the one the aircraft hooked up to most on landing.  (If they missed that one they were over the side.)
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2020, 01:50 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Sometimes a flight can be so bad, all that I want is out.  Bigwink

Glad you survived  those.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pretty darned good travel kit OMyMyOHellYes 8 4,842 04-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Last Post: AshSF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.