Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I love the Phillip's Nuance mask
I love the Phillip's Nuance mask
I have been using the Nuance fabric mask for three nights now and I have to say I love it.
I was worried at first because I have been using the be all and end all P10 for the past nine months and from what I could gather there were no other pillows out there that measured up.
This mask is great! The pillows are sooooo soft. You can barely feel them.
The headband is soft AND adjustable. But I find I just plonk it on, it stays there, I place the pillows and away I go.
So far my numbers and leaks have been excellent.
I was told about the exhaust tube being different, I'm not sure what you meant but I am finding no problems as far as that goes.
I am going to order the Gel straps just to see what they are like but I am very happy with my fabric straps.
I tried the medium pillow the first night and it was fine but come the second night I thought I would try the large as I use the large with my P10.
The large was just right so will stick with it.
I am so happy I took the step and tried this mask.

I cannot speak highly enough of this mask and if anyone is looking for something different in a pillow mask I would definitely recommend the Nuance.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I love the Phillip's Nuance mask
Hi Gabby,
It's great to hear that you found a mask that works just right for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel exactly the same way about the AirFit P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your report, Gabby. I am glad that you have found such good results with the Nuance mask.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you like the mask! How is the back head strap? I assume you got an updated version and it is not sticky?

Not sure what you mean about the hose. It is very "alive" feeling, isn't it? Almost has a mind of its own! I've never had any trouble with it. Sometimes I put it in the headgear's holder but most of the time, I just let it loose.

Clean the pillows gently. I got too used to being able to be rough with the other nasal pillows and you can't do that with these due to their gel filling. Woke up the next morning to a gooey cheek. Gross!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a fan of the cloth Nuance Gel mask, but for some strange reason I keep wanting to give the P10 another try.

Thanks for the tip on cleaning the gel pillows, I don't want to wake up with Alien slime on my face, yuck !
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2014, 12:39 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Glad you like the mask! How is the back head strap? I assume you got an updated version and it is not sticky?

Not sure what you mean about the hose. It is very "alive" feeling, isn't it? Almost has a mind of its own! I've never had any trouble with it. Sometimes I put it in the headgear's holder but most of the time, I just let it loose.

Clean the pillows gently. I got too used to being able to be rough with the other nasal pillows and you can't do that with these due to their gel filling. Woke up the next morning to a gooey cheek. Gross!

Paula on one of the other threads someone said to me that I may not like the connecting hose because it doesn't let the air out like the P10.
Or maybe they said that it moved around.
Sorry I can't find the link.
I understand what you mean by the 'alive' feeling, it does almost have a mind of it's own. I don't mind it though.
Thanks for the cleaning tip, I shall keep it in mind. I didn't realise they were filled with gel, I have just looked and seen the gel.
Headband definitely not sticky.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious; How loud is the exhaust port compared to the P10? I looked your mask up online and saw there are 2 types, Nuance and Nuance Pro. Are you using the non-pro model? A "Pro" model? . . . I've never heard of a CPAP professional user.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Nuance is a very quiet mask, although not as quiet as the P10 because it does not have the diffuser.

The difference between the Pro and non-Pro is the headgear. The non-Pro is cloth and the Pro has a silicone with gel inserts part that goes against the cheeks. I like the cloth version much better.

The vent holes of the Nuance is in the swivel so you can aim the air wherever you need. What you may be referring to is the hose does not come off from that swivel. It is all one piece. I found this interesting. A good rinse is all you really need and I used my hose brush to clean that section after a cold.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 238 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 515 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 367 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 4,918 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,130 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
Arrow Would love some feedback on OSCAR data esaulcatnas 3 504 08-31-2023, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  I'd love a review of my data and/or advice, esp. re. waking up at night danielsomers 6 773 04-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Last Post: danielsomers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.