Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm a loaner..
RE: I'm a loaner..
(05-21-2014, 01:40 PM)becker44a Wrote: However, if I were in your shoes, I would also be addressing the issue of your machine. I saw a reply from Zonk indicating that your machine is not data-capable, nor is it an Auto type. This has you at a serious disadvantage in correcting your issues, or even identifying what they are. The usual term for machines of the type you have is a "brick": tells you nothing about what is going on during your sleep, and has no auto function to adjust to changing conditions.

Isn't it interesting that the sleep clinic gave you a loaner data-capable auto-type machine, to get some data so they can better address your issues. In my mind, it would obviously be better if you had a machine by your bedside every night that would do the same.

I will definitely bring this up when I go back on June 3rd! However, I saw some paper work while I was there the other day that said if my insurance company has paid for a CPAP within the last 3 years when I may be required to pay the full costs for a new one. So, if I can only get a new one every 3 years, I have a whole 2 years to go.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  Does your DME provide a loaner if your xPAP needs repair? DariaVader 5 1,675 12-15-2017, 09:56 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Loaner Resmed Airsense not working with SleepyHead Zandor435 6 1,742 07-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Last Post: ajack
Smile Help with S8 loaner TheManseHen 4 1,374 03-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Stuck with a brick during loaner... cate1898 17 4,138 09-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Last Post: cate1898
  Got my own machine today..no more loaner kitley 12 6,590 06-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.