Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm a newbie!!
I'm a newbie!!
I just joined this site minutes ago and I wanted to ask a question. I am not using a CPAP machine currently but was told that I needed one after my sleep test. I am thinking about buying a Dreamstation but don't know how to adjust my pressures. I really do not know what my pressures are. I can only get the reports from my doctor that shows my results from my in-home test I took. Is having the results enough to figure out what my pressures should be?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'm a newbie!!
You are now in a good position to get a good machine. FYI the Dreamstation can be a good machine or a brick depending on model.
It is likely that your homestudy will have enough ino to get you started, if not
Post Reply Post Reply
What is SleepyHead?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome trickyneedsleep to the best place to get help!

You are in a good place to get started out on the right foot with your treatment. For starters, if you do not already have a copy of your home sleep study please make sure you get one. Make that a permanent record. Then see if you can work it out to get the contents of the report into a post to the forum. Cut and paste may be an option. That will allow forum members to make suggestions. 

You mentioned purchasing a machine and there are some significant advantages to this approach however do not overlook the insurance route if that is one of your options. For now, go ahead and post as much information as you can. Also, before making a purchase, there are forum members that can and will provide valuable input to help you get the best machine for your money.

Best regards and wishes for finding your best solution.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2017, 10:13 AM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: What is SleepyHead?

Sleppyhead is a free and valuable tool. To learn more click on the link below.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead is software that will allow you to take a very detailed look at how your apnea fared each night. it is the primary tool we will use to help you on your journey into your sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I've found a Respironics dsx 500 for $350. Gonna try to talk him down to $275. Comes with humidifier, heated hose, sd card, water chamber and nasal mask. The insurance route they want $500 down and monthly payments of $200 for I don't know how many months. If I can't get in it and drive it to work I can't see paying all that when I can get a high quality machine for way less. is this model a good one?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2017, 12:21 PM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: Well I've found a Respironics dsx 500 for $350. Gonna try to talk him down to $275. Comes with humidifier, heated hose, sd card, water chamber and nasal mask. The insurance route they want $500 down and monthly payments of $200 for I don't know how many months. If I can't get in it and drive it to work I can't see paying all that when I can get a high quality machine for way less. is this model a good one?

The model based on your description should be: DSX500T11. At USD$350, that's already a really good price for a brand new set excluding the mask. 

See this link and cross check the exact model number:

http://imgur.com/a/5EdMk

Btw, did your results show what's the 90% pressure?
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that's the model but it's used. Comes with the mask( but of course I'll buy a new one). Comes with a 15mm heated hose, sd card, heated humidifier and water chamber. It's supposed to be auto adjusting. Does that mean I don't have to adjust anything? I read up on it and it states that when I get an 'episode' it will adjust accordingly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be aware of the Blower Hours (total hours) on a used machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 95 03-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 442 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 238 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 269 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 333 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 362 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.