Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm a newbie!!
RE: I'm a newbie!!
trickyneedsleep,
The Dreamstation is a new enough design that a used model shouldn't have that many hours on it.   It sounds like you're in the "Tall Grass" on that deal.

As far as setting the pressure adjustment question; the answer is Yes and No.  You can set it to a wide pressure range initially to find where your best pressure is.  Later you should narrow the pressure range settings to aid the algorithm it determining a more accurate pressure.  

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi trickyneedsleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your posts,
good luck as you start CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy the Philips DSX500T11 through Amazon brand new for $350 plus $7.05 shipping. The listing is "DreamStation Auto Cpap DSX500T11 with Heated Humidifier & Heated Tubing " and the seller claims there are currently 3 in stock. You would have this before the end of the month. With all respect to used, I think this could also give you leverage to negotiate the price of the one you're looking at.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to add, that even though you are not buying through insurance at a higher cost, you should still obtain copies of your sleep studies and the prescription for your personal permanent records. You will thank me 5-8 years from now when you need a replacement and will have to document your sleep apnea, or be required to take another test.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Blower hours???
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're referring to the units sold on Amazon, they are new.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
No, it's used on OfferUp
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate that, thank you very much!

I am awaiting a reply on the blower hours but in the meanwhile is this a good unit to get? I have my full report on my home sleep study I did. What numbers do I need to post to get some sort of direction on what to put my settings on?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I got my info on my home sleep study. It has different categories:

Respiratory Results
Saturation
Pulse
Arousals
Respiratory Indices
Respiratory Count
Position and Activity
Other

Each category has tons of info in them. So what numbers do I need to post for forum members to give suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
How is the Respironics REMstar M Series AUTO CPAP with A-Flex, SmartCard and Humidifier? Can I use it with sleepyHead? Can I make adjustments to it? Found it for $100 used
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 11 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 477 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 263 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 293 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.