Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm a newbie!!
RE: I'm a newbie!!
cannot use it with sleepyhead, smart card readers are either non-existent or flaky. It could be a backup unit, though.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
So what does a CPAP unit need to be able to use it with SleepHead? Please excuse me if it's obvious but I am very new to CPAP machines and sleep apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP needs to be full data capable and have a SD card slot.  A list of compatible CPAP models is located here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The REMstar M-Series Smartcard requires a proprietary reader (Mako DT-3500) and is very difficult to make work with modern computer systems. In fact you would spend another $100 just to get the data to work with Encore. It is not compatible with Sleepyhead. You should consider nothing older than the Philips Respironics 50 or 60 Series Auto CPAP which would use a SD card interface. I know of no better deal than the new Dreamstation Auto DSX500T11 on Amazon for about $340. That is a complete system with heated hose and humidifier. If you can't find a 60 Series or newer on Craigslist for under $200, that's where I would go.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I read the article on recommended CPAP machines and the "Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto" is recommended. Would the DreamStation Auto Cpap DSX500T11 with Heated Humidifier & Heated Tubing be considered a 'brick' or is this the model that is full data capable ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2017, 10:16 AM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: I read the article on recommended CPAP machines and the "Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto" is recommended. Would the DreamStation Auto Cpap DSX500T11 with Heated Humidifier & Heated Tubing be considered a 'brick' or is this the model that is full data capable ?

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
trickyneedsleep,
Yes the DSX500 series is full data capable. The DreamStation models that are full data capable are: DSX400, 500, 600, and 700 series. The DSX200 series isn't data capable and refered to as a "Brick". The DSX200 will only provide summary data which doesn't provide detailed data to help in fine tuning your therapy.

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Helps tremendously, thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
So, can someone tell me what results I need to be able to adjust my own pressures? I sent an email earlier telling all the different categories I have in my report. I just need to know which ones are important. I think I'll buy the Dreamstation(not the brick) model I mentioned in an earlier post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Read what is in my signature to get started.
To make changes is events, pressure mostly, with snores and flow limit influencing, and history,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 476 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 263 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 291 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.