Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user. Just received my machine!
RE: New user. Just received my machine!
I have attached my CPAP study.

Attached Files
.pdf   CPAP STUDY.pdf (Size: 538.39 KB / Downloads: 35)
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day xian67. Thanks for attaching your study results. This is the titration study, where they try to find a single optimum pressure while using the CPAP machine. You would have also had a diagnostic study without the machine to determine your baseline apnea. It would be interesting to see that as well if you don't mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
The details of your sleep study shows you had 6 OA events at a pressure of 7.0 and 2 events at a pressure of 10.0. You were tested in a range from 5 to 11 and slept for 133 minutes at a pressure of 11 with no events. The titration methods and results are pretty clear, and no exhale pressure relief was used. What we can conclude is that during the test, you had no events at a therapy pressure of 11.0 with no EPR.

In changing to Autoset mode and adding EPR you will be changing your pressure significantly. With a minimum pressure of 8.0, your pressure is 8/6 (IPAP/EPAP). If you show indications of obstruction, such as flow limitations, the machine will automatically increase pressure to eliminate that and prevent apnea events. Using Autoset mode should continue to provide very good efficacy, and will allow you to enjoy more comfortable therapy pressures with EPR. Once you have recorded some results in OSCAR, we can take another look and may any appropriate suggestions. For most people, a titration test is a waste of time and money because an auto CPAP machine can auto-titrate to effective pressures, but your test is informative that you are indeed effectively treated by CPAP and you don't have any unusual issues that need to be taken into consideration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t have an SD card reader yet (ordered one from amazon) so I can’t use OSCAR yet. I was looking at the “MyAir” app and it says I only used the machine for 25 mins despite having it on all night.

Edit: I looked at the sleep report on the machine and that reads 7 hours and 35 mins.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2019, 09:35 AM)xian67 Wrote: I don’t have an SD card reader yet (ordered one from amazon) so I can’t use OSCAR yet. I was looking at the “MyAir” app and it says I only used the machine for 25 mins despite having it on all night.

Edit: I looked at the sleep report on the machine and that reads 7 hours and 35 mins.

The machine can take a number of hours to upload to My Air,
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Xian67,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations for being off to a great start. With your positive attitude and the help you are getting you will soon see very good results. Your progress will be an inspiration to others that become discouraged. 
Stan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,012 7 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 143 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 215 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 549 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 550 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Newish User of Breathing Machine RuralCPAP 0 408 03-13-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: RuralCPAP
  AS10 P10 user getting new machine, what headset are P10 nasal pillows users going to? SaldusMiegas 2 559 10-15-2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.