Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm curious. What was your untreated AHI before you started therapy?
I'm curious. What was your untreated AHI before you started therapy?
81 here!

I did do a search prior to posting but didn't find anything.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'm curious. What was your untreated AHI before you started therapy?
no idea. I had a home test, and definitely was not sleeping for most of the time they calculated the AHI on - really don't think I slept more than a minute here and another there. They said 10, with higher during REM (I doubt there was REM and the home test can't tell, those are just the winks I got) and "many" (?!?) RERA events. 10 was enough to treat, so no one cares Big Grin

My fathers was in the 70s IIRC and my son's was > 100. Can't get my girls interested in testing... but it is obviously inherited. Brother has it too, and chooses not to treat Confused
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I only slept 2 hours at my titration and they told me my AHI was 33. Don't know how accurate that was with 2 hours sleep and no REM. Sad
Oxygen level dropped to 69% during that time. No wonder I lived in a fog most days! My AHI now stays under 1.

My daughter needs to be tested, but has changed jobs and no insurance for 90 days. Tried to buy something to get her and baby through this 90 days (Obama Care), but that seems to be held up in red tape. Her father and I will probably pay for her to get an apap and go from there. It doesn't look like Ohio can get their act together for folk that are between jobs and have no coverage.
We have a crazy health care system for sure.

Ok, done with rant. Oh-jeez

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI was 93 and no REM in 5 hours sleep.

Side note: My car was envious of my wiring harness.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Days were Ok but I could not sleep at night.
Still don't sleep at night but getting better.
Days are better too. Didn't know I was sleepy during the day.
After 4 months, I am down to <2. Some days better. Still trying to get used to the mask.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI was 56 and 73 during REM. My sleep test/analysis was very good and the results were spot on. My major problem with PAP was getting help from Apria's RTs. Did not really get any good help until I found this forum.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Per my sleep study at the lab, 62 AHI combined with 42 PLM. Sa02 dropped to 88%. Took me 75 minutes to get to initial sleep onset.
I've been using my CPAP since early January and I'm averaging an AHI of 0.35. Looking at Sleepyhead (the "By Pressure" graph on the very bottom), I average about 7 minutes to fall asleep. And I have yet to wake up with a headache, which had become a daily occurrence. Definitely feel a lot better.
Post Reply Post Reply
During my initial sleep study it was AHI 47 with O2 level at 92%, during the second one hooked up to CPAP is was close to AHI 0 with an O2 level of 99%. My long term average is now AHI .55, successfully since early February.

James
Post Reply Post Reply
29 and FIL was 39 though he swore he did not have SA, his wife said otherwise Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nzbnate,
I'm not sure, it seems like the sleep tec said it was somewhere in the 30s.
My mom had OSA, (treated, but rebelled against her CPAP machine for a long, long time.) My dad snored and gasped, wouldn't even look into sleep apnea(but went in for Open-heart surgery,) something' wrong with that picture, I'm confused.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 979 48 minutes ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 10 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 258 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.