Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm curious. What was your untreated AHI before you started therapy?
RE: I'm curious. What was your untreated AHI before you started therapy?
I remember a 27 and oxygen down to 84. Don't remember the other numbers
Post Reply Post Reply
I dug out my 12 year old report last night:

I think my average AHI was around 11.5. When I was on my back it was something like 35. They did a titration study, so they put a mask on me and gradually increased CPAP pressure until they got to 7cm when my AHI went to zero. I've been at 7cm ever since. I have gained about 10 pounds since then, so I might be due for an increase. My numbers average around 1-2 now, not bad at all. I'll be talking with my doc in a month or two about self-titrating with my new Auto-PAP. I have to submit reports every year, and if the reviewer notices a change in my pressure/prescription I have to have a good explanation ready. That prevents me from self-titrating without an OK and explanation from my doc.

So yeah, I have OSA (untreated AHI >= 5) but a quick shot of air pressure and I'm good.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't actually know; sleep tests were inconclusive no UA no rem sleep a lot of sleep wake junk and over a hundred hypopnea's With no correlation to desaturation.

I was unable to sleep at on my back or side and could only sleep on my belly/face

I think my apnea got worse when I first went on therapy. I am now at day 200 of therapy, and have attached a graph from sleepily head that tells It all.

I think the time in apnea chart say more than the AHI chart. Clearly the therapy is working.

My worst day was March 16 in my third month of therapy
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good Orangebear...well except for 3/16. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine was only 9....barely qualifying for treatment. But I snored like crazy and could keep a whole campground awake.
The first sleep doc set me at a pressure of 12, and then my AHI went up, mostly with centrals, so I was given an ASV, still with a minEpap of 12, and my AHI hoovered around 4.5
I qualified for a new ASV after 6 years. During that titration, the tech set me at minEpap of 5 and minimum pressure assist of 0. She never adjusted it that night and my AHI was .6
So now my new ASV is set at minEpap 5.5 (more comfortable) and minimum assist of 0. The epap never goes above 8 and my AHI is almost always below 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
103 and I was in a bad way to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2016, 12:03 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Looking good Orangebear...well except for 3/16. Smile

Thanks OpalRose
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an AHI of 43 with a low O2 of 82. Considering how I felt, I am amazed at how high some of other folk's AHI numbers were, and how low their O2 levels. Yikes! But one way I knew my bipap was helping was that I kept finding myself in the position when I woke up as when I went to sleep. Before, I was always turning over and over and over - enough to wear through my sheets in places. Now, I just sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
23, but I didn't get much sleep that night. Maybe a couple of hours.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
58.9 for me, with Oxygen of 60 during REM.

40 days into CPAP. My AHI is gradually reducing. The last week's average was less than 1.0. Last night it was .1Smile

My blood pressure has dropped and my doctor has advised me to halve my b/p meds.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.