Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm curious. What was your untreated AHI before you started therapy?
RE: I'm curious. What was your untreated AHI before you started therapy?
My AHI was 67 sleeping on my side and 80 supine with the O2 sat dropping to 78%. My treated AHI is 1.4 now i do have a bit of AHI envy of those that got down below 1 but I must say all is good now.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI was 57 but no idea of SaO2. On APAP for 72 days and always below AHI 5 but still having large leaks 10% of time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really cool to read everyone's responses, thanks to all who have replied so far!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only been at this for 2 weeks. I had at at home sleep study which showed 12.6 and I think O2 went down to 88%? I was also snoring so much it sent my husband running for the couch. He is now back Smile

I wasn't overly tired before but I wasn't sleeping that great. Lots of tossing/turning, waking up, using the bathroom. That seems to be better but I am fighting the mask a little so not sleeping all through the night yet.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2016, 02:53 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: My AHI was 93 and no REM in 5 hours sleep.

Side note: My car was envious of my wiring harness.

Good comment.
Mine was 82.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Over 80 per hour during the overnight test, Oxy dropping, the nurse was scared I was not going to make it through the test. But it only took me one night on my machine to realize that I was no longer in a fog or drifting off to sleep at stoplights. It's not perfect, and you do need to adjust to wearing it and all the complications, but after 6 years of continual CPAP use, I average less than 1 or 2 per night now. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
This was a great post which i discovered due to my new found addiction to all things Hosehead.

I am interested in all of the info you guys were given at diagnosis. In the UK i was given an overnight oxymetery meter (end of finger) which i returned the next morning (after worst sleep ever as i was very aware of the reader). 3, yes three, months later i got a letter from the consultant telling me i had OSA, that i would get a CPAP machine in 3 months time, and to stop driving. I was fuming with the letter and eventually got to speak to consultant. All i gleaned from this conversatioj was that my reading was 52. I didnt know enough then to probe this but i assumed that this provided an AHI equivalence of 52. On CPAP (which i am presenrly paying from myself whilst the NHS catches up) i now average around 3 and have no tiredness (although has negatively impacted on my generalised anxiety) but looking forward to getting to those <1 readings many on this forum achieve.
Post Reply Post Reply
90 Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
did a home sleep two for two nights: 71 and 72 with O2 down to 51% (though I'm suspicious as it was the same lower limit both night so maybe that's the error reading).

and they were the good nights!

still waiting for my NHS consult (they said it would take 3 months for a first consult an probably another 6 for a machine)

so I went and bought a machine and after trying some different masks and settling on the dreamwear, my AHI is now I the 1-3 range!

feel much better now :0
Post Reply Post Reply
45 before cpap. Now .5 on cpap.

I was in to the DME within a week and on cpap that same night and every night since. A lifesaver.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,080 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 172 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,362 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 816 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.