Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm curious, how many here are on ASV Bilevel/Bipap?
I'm curious, how many here are on ASV Bilevel/Bipap?
I've now been using it for a little over two weeks. My only complaint is that my FFM leaves lines on my face in the morning, and if I loosen it, air leaks out. It's not crazy tight, but it's not loose.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'm curious, how many here are on ASV Bilevel/Bipap?
Yes, I use a Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt (ASV). I have marks on my face too, but I'm so wrinkly only my dermatologist can tell the difference. Grin Leaks are hard to control, especially at the relatively high pressures the ASV operates at. I've tried multiple solutions without conspicuous success. Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on just plain old autoset no bi level or asv here, but if somebody asks about lines on my face I just tell them you should see the other guy. Usually my wife is the only one to notice, since I don't usually rush around in the morning, and the humor of the statement wore out after the 2nd or 3rd time, but if she keeps asking I'll keep with the same response. It's the little things Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2015, 09:37 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Yes, I use a Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt (ASV). I have marks on my face too, but I'm so wrinkly only my dermatologist can tell the difference. Grin Leaks are hard to control, especially at the relatively high pressures the ASV operates at. I've tried multiple solutions without conspicuous success. Sad

The F&P mask is a lot less leaky than the ResMed F10 was. Do you have mixed apnea? I have mostly sleep-onset central Hypopnea; with a little OSA. Numbers have been nice and low since my doctor adjusted my pressures. I hope it stays this way. My AHI last night was 0.22. I still have quite a bit of Aerophagia on some days. This morning I was fartin' it up. Two days ago, I had almost none. It's weird.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, mixed apnea. Pre-treatment AHI was 62 with about 50% centrals. With treatment my AHI is almost always less than 1, and no problem with aerophagia (thank goodness) Smile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 06:31 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Yes, mixed apnea. Pre-treatment AHI was 62 with about 50% centrals. With treatment my AHI is almost always less than 1, and no problem with aerophagia (thank goodness) Smile.

You're lucky you have no issues with Aerophagia. I might buy a chin strap; but not a totally tight one, to see if it helps. So tooty last night. Woke up the bf with it.

Post Reply Post Reply
I see that this thread is subject to the normal "drift". JV, why don't you do a poll? I think that would be interesting. I thought that us bilevel people were kind of like the dodo bird - a vanishing breed. Of course that excepts those on ASV which is kind of a bilevel on steroids. Must be a bilevel for its function.

All that said, I am on bilevel.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Does ASV generally produce more Aerophagia, due to the air blasts we get during hypopnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you start a poll on this site?
(04-19-2015, 06:31 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Yes, mixed apnea. Pre-treatment AHI was 62 with about 50% centrals. With treatment my AHI is almost always less than 1, and no problem with aerophagia (thank goodness) Smile.

Glad you're doing well on it. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been on ASV for almost a year. It made a world of difference immediately. Fortunately, I was able to adapt to it quickly, to the point of reducing the ramp from 20 minutes to zero on the fourth day. I went from having dozens of centrals per hour in a sleep study (they were almost back-to-back between one or two abrupt breaths, time after time) to less than two, now...and on some nights, zero.

Adjusting the mask to fit properly, leak free, was important. Too loose was comfortable but the sudden leakage could wake me up. I don't have a problem with lines on my face.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 80 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 175 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Bilevel ASV - Resuming After Septoplaasty Dread 130 8,166 03-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 800 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.