Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm new. Hi all
RE: I'm new. Hi all
I'm sure I need a sleep study, but as the saying goes you can't get blood from a turnip. I just don't have the $$$$.

I work long hours but no insurance. I guess I'm like millions. At least I'm not a burden On anyone I pay my way. I may have to buy second hand at times as far as my health along with a lot of self diagnostics, but so far I'm pretty healthy. Not too many folks can say they take no medicines. I eat organically and work in my garden-great exercise I might say. I stay far away from health clinics if I can. I try to stay away from bacteria. Lower my risk when I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
( Just to be clear, when I restated you situation, there was NO disparagement implied or intended. You have a perfect right to treat yourselve, everything you did was legal, and LIKELY PRUDENT. Go for it man.)

My sleep doc didn't have a titration (determined range) from my sleep study so he prescribed 6-12.

You can set it to 4-4 even for a night and let it tell you your AHI, or you can set it to 4-10, or 6-12 and see where it sets itself.

If you find you have significant events, or it needs to go up to stop them, and/or you feel better you are on the right track.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind that it takes your body a while to adapt to CPAP therapy. Don't be in a hurry to make changes to your pressure settings. Give your body time to adjust.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i want encore basic version 2.1.2.0 software.
please help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2014, 11:15 PM)some1ulv Wrote: i want encore basic version 2.1.2.0 software.
please help.
Hi some1ulv, welcome abaord
Follow the instruction to download the software
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a fairly new user and brand new to this board. It is great to find such great help. As far as rainout- I have the same machine, and find that lower temp really helps. Last night I set mine to 80 degrees and had rainout for the first time. Usually I have it about 75 degrees. We sleep in a cool room also- probably 50s. Tonight I am back to the lower temp and am hoping not to have to dump a hose in the night. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AKMom, welcome aboard
The climate line designed to eliminate rainout regardless of the temperature setting on auto mode
Manual mode provide more flexibility but without rainout protection
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2014, 04:09 PM)herbm Wrote: So you didn't get a sleep study or know your untreated AHI?

I think it is great you may be using it for just snoring rather than apnea per se -- as long as you don't mind it then go for it.

Chances are you do have some apnea but you wouldn't know without some type of test and the machine isn't harmful beyond the inconvenience.

Like me, you seem to take to the mask right off so if the rainout is fixed you might be good to go.

Rather than worry about the heated hose you might watnt to just stop humidifying.

An expert on another forum said to turn the heat up for a situation like yours (and that was experience talking) but logically the higher you set that heat on the S9 the more water you put in the air and the more chance the TEMPERATURE drop will cause rain out.

You have a LARGE room vs. temp differential and I still suspect this may invalidate the typical advice (but I am no expert being a newbie like you -- 7 days so far -- but I do have a lot of background in pressure and such from both diving and meteorology studies.

If you put NO WATER in the room air then you MIGHT get very dry but it also might not rain in your hose -- or if you put a LITTLE(low temperature or switch to manual humidity setting) then you MIGHT control the problem.

The S9 is suppose to load more water the higher the temperature -- heat the air passing across the water, load more water. Now the air is hotter than the room and much more full of water -- when the temp drops passing through the hose (maybe because even the heated hose can't keep up or maybe just the pigtail on your mask) then the dew point is reached and you get rain.

Does you hose cozy cover the mask pigtail hose?

Can you keep the mask hose UNDER the COVERS with you? Or cover/insulate it a bit?

What type of pillow mask did you get? I might want it Smile?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure. The strap is comfortable, but the plastic holes that fit in my nose are bothersome. I plan to hang onto it and maybe try some other nose sizes. It came with three sizes.

No sleep study, don't have the $$$$$. I have not been to a doctor since 1993. With no insurance I have to use my trusty natural cures book and if I have pain I usually take an aspirin or apply heat or cold depending on my problem and suffer through. So far god willing I'm pretty healthy. No medicine to take or the expense that would entail.

I started setting my machine at 8 to start with and watched my AHl and Al and how my graphs looked. If they flatlined at the top of the graph I increased my number. I'm at 10 right now. Last night my AHl was 1.2 and my Hl was 1.1. No more snoring since the first night I used the APAP.

I also figured out the rainout problem by suggestions given on the board. I set the heated tube to 71 and the humidifier level to 2.0. I had a little condensation in my mask but no drip. I slept great.

I think tending my garden, riding my bike and moving more has helped too. No caffeine intake has improved my food cravings too. I was sleepy a few days when I quit, but my juicing has given me more energy and keeps me emptied out. I've started documenting my weight and inches along with eating 5 smaller meals a day with trying to keep with 50% of my food being in raw form (apples, broccoli ect).

I appreciate all the helpful folks out there sharing their stories. Keep em coming!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AKMom,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Franklyspeaking,
Sounds like now that you have gotten your rainout taken care of, you are off to a GREAT start, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.