Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Unsure
Humidifier: Resmed H51
CPAP Pressure: 7 and 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: I'm new, I'm tired!
Archangel....I got as far as opening the software and filling out the first couple of pages of info requested, then inserted my SD card and clicked on the SD Icon. A ST pop-up wanted to know how to view the data and offered Windows Explorer. i clicked on it and the program crashed. I was following screen prompts and probably should have been referring back to the instructions. Had to leave for an appt, so that's where it sits. I wonder if ResMed software is any easier on install?

Thanks for altitude comment. Q A L

Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
02-25-2015 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Hilobarbie Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 Autoset

Other Comments:

(02-25-2015 03:05 AM)archangle Wrote:  Welcome to the board.

Most laptop PC's have an SD card reader built in.

SleepyHead is good for reading your data. Check the useful links in my signature line at the bottom of this post.

To lock the card, there's a little tab on the side. It should be marked how to lock it, but you slide the tab toward the center of the card to lock it, and towards the edge to unlock.

If you're using Vista, you probably don't need to worry about protecting the data on your SD card. Only Windows 8.1 likes to tinker with the SD card. SleepyHead will not write any data to the card.

You'll need to study your data in more detail to figure out why you're tired. What were your AHI numbers?

Sometimes, people feel tired when they start CPAP even if all is working well. Without CPAP, you're being strangled many times during the night and your body adjusts to it. When you stop the strangulation, your body takes a while to adjust back to normal. It's a bit like stopping smoking, drinking, or drugs.

You may also not be sleeping well until your brain adjusts to being on CPAP.

Haven't figured out the ins and outs of posting options, so excuse me for not replying directly to your later post. Loved your CPAP alternative link, Bookmarked your Useful Links. After the first two nights of "practicing" for a couple hours each night, while watching t.v., I haven't had any adjustment issues..unless I disturb the mask and it looses its seal, or if my mouth starts to open and I can feel my lip starting to flap. I actually go to sleep much, much faster and for a few days was sleeping 8-9 hours! Woohoo. Those were the days with 2 or 3 AHI.

You're right, my laptop had an SD slot.
Thanks for all the tips

Barbara
02-25-2015 06:59 PM
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

(02-25-2015 06:46 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote:  Archangel....I got as far as opening the software and filling out the first couple of pages of info requested, then inserted my SD card and clicked on the SD Icon. A ST pop-up wanted to know how to view the data and offered Windows Explorer. i clicked on it and the program crashed. I was following screen prompts and probably should have been referring back to the instructions. Had to leave for an appt, so that's where it sits. I wonder if ResMed software is any easier on install?

I'm not sure what you mean by "ST pop-up."

Windows itself probably detected you inserting the SD card and was asking you what to do with it.

Put in the SD card, let things settle down, and then try SleepyHead again.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
02-25-2015 09:08 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Hi Hilobarbi,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue and fine tune your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
02-25-2015 09:27 PM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Sex: Male

You are fortunate to only have those lips flapping under CPAP pressure. I seem to flap mine while awake, and end up in much worse shape. Mrs. QAL helps me slow the flapping, so am alright as long as I keep her close.

I let my lips open wide last night (while on CPAP) and woke up with a dried mouth and lips stuck in a crazy smile.

[Image: handdryer2.jpg]

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
02-26-2015 12:58 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Hilobarbie Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(02-25-2015 09:08 PM)archangle Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 06:46 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote:  Archangel....I got as far as opening the software and filling out the first couple of pages of info requested, then inserted my SD card and clicked on the SD Icon. A ST pop-up wanted to know how to view the data and offered Windows Explorer. i clicked on it and the program crashed. I was following screen prompts and probably should have been referring back to the instructions. Had to leave for an appt, so that's where it sits. I wonder if ResMed software is any easier on install?

Windows itself probably detected you inserting the SD card and was asking you what to do with it.

thanks....loaded the data and will attach screen shots. ignore the first couple of days. my son was testing before sending me the ResMed. I didn't use the machine last night. I was having an unrelated problem.
I just picked a day and here is one screen shot.

Barbara
02-26-2015 11:52 AM
Hilobarbie Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(02-26-2015 11:52 AM)Hilobarbie Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 09:08 PM)archangle Wrote:  

thanks....loaded the data and will attach screen shots. ignore the first couple of days. my son was testing before sending me the ResMed. I didn't use the machine last night. I was having an unrelated problem.
I just picked a day and here is one screen shot.

I was looking at the Summary and it included a couple of days that my son was using. Of course, the Day won't show that. I'm certain you can teach me how to get more data to you all, but that's what I got with a screen shot.

Barbara
02-26-2015 12:09 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

You are having a lot of clear airway apnea -- aka: Central Apnea. That's what's running your numbers up.
It could be pressure induced; or, you may have complex sleep apnea. That really means you need a sleep study; and your machine may not be the right one for you. You might need an ASV machine.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-26-2015 12:31 PM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

you Wrote:I just picked a day and here is one screen shot.

Pressure chart is really helpful, and leakage is as well. AHI chart is not really necessary.

Elsewhere, Sleeprider Wrote:On your images, Please include the Event chart, flow rate, pressure and leak. The rest we don't need so much.
This works better: https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
02-26-2015 12:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Hilobarbie, we need the pressure chart along with the events to see what is going on. The best presentation is:
Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks

Also, it might be interesting to zoom in on that cluster of CA events and look at the flow rate chart. As I said before an Auto CPAP is not the right device for treating central apnea, and it sure looks like you have that.

02-26-2015 04:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Treatment] One Year in and still have tired days Sleepyv 17 530 12-01-2016 02:58 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  When does the "tired" feeling go away? Cranberry Ray 8 495 11-30-2016 10:10 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  New, very tired, and need help beckysmith 35 1,328 11-28-2016 06:53 PM
Last Post: robysue
  Good stats, good sleep, but still tired... Lourens1190 14 859 11-03-2016 05:40 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [CPAP] still very tired and don't know what to do mlasham 30 1,492 10-10-2016 09:11 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  cpap therapy still tired wyu177 12 844 09-21-2016 09:32 AM
Last Post: wyu177
  extremely tired all the time. need advice. dorlow 63 4,442 09-11-2016 08:34 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse