Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm new, I'm tired!
RE: I'm new, I'm tired!
Archangel....I got as far as opening the software and filling out the first couple of pages of info requested, then inserted my SD card and clicked on the SD Icon. A ST pop-up wanted to know how to view the data and offered Windows Explorer. i clicked on it and the program crashed. I was following screen prompts and probably should have been referring back to the instructions. Had to leave for an appt, so that's where it sits. I wonder if ResMed software is any easier on install?

Thanks for altitude comment. Q A L
Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 03:05 AM)archangle Wrote: Welcome to the board.

Most laptop PC's have an SD card reader built in.

SleepyHead is good for reading your data. Check the useful links in my signature line at the bottom of this post.

To lock the card, there's a little tab on the side. It should be marked how to lock it, but you slide the tab toward the center of the card to lock it, and towards the edge to unlock.

If you're using Vista, you probably don't need to worry about protecting the data on your SD card. Only Windows 8.1 likes to tinker with the SD card. SleepyHead will not write any data to the card.

You'll need to study your data in more detail to figure out why you're tired. What were your AHI numbers?

Sometimes, people feel tired when they start CPAP even if all is working well. Without CPAP, you're being strangled many times during the night and your body adjusts to it. When you stop the strangulation, your body takes a while to adjust back to normal. It's a bit like stopping smoking, drinking, or drugs.

You may also not be sleeping well until your brain adjusts to being on CPAP.

Haven't figured out the ins and outs of posting options, so excuse me for not replying directly to your later post. Loved your CPAP alternative link, Bookmarked your Useful Links. After the first two nights of "practicing" for a couple hours each night, while watching t.v., I haven't had any adjustment issues..unless I disturb the mask and it looses its seal, or if my mouth starts to open and I can feel my lip starting to flap. I actually go to sleep much, much faster and for a few days was sleeping 8-9 hours! Woohoo. Those were the days with 2 or 3 AHI.

You're right, my laptop had an SD slot.
Thanks for all the tips
Barbara
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 06:46 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote: Archangel....I got as far as opening the software and filling out the first couple of pages of info requested, then inserted my SD card and clicked on the SD Icon. A ST pop-up wanted to know how to view the data and offered Windows Explorer. i clicked on it and the program crashed. I was following screen prompts and probably should have been referring back to the instructions. Had to leave for an appt, so that's where it sits. I wonder if ResMed software is any easier on install?

I'm not sure what you mean by "ST pop-up."

Windows itself probably detected you inserting the SD card and was asking you what to do with it.

Put in the SD card, let things settle down, and then try SleepyHead again.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hilobarbi,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue and fine tune your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You are fortunate to only have those lips flapping under CPAP pressure. I seem to flap mine while awake, and end up in much worse shape. Mrs. QAL helps me slow the flapping, so am alright as long as I keep her close.

I let my lips open wide last night (while on CPAP) and woke up with a dried mouth and lips stuck in a crazy smile.

[Image: handdryer2.jpg]

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 09:08 PM)archangle Wrote:
(02-25-2015, 06:46 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote: Archangel....I got as far as opening the software and filling out the first couple of pages of info requested, then inserted my SD card and clicked on the SD Icon. A ST pop-up wanted to know how to view the data and offered Windows Explorer. i clicked on it and the program crashed. I was following screen prompts and probably should have been referring back to the instructions. Had to leave for an appt, so that's where it sits. I wonder if ResMed software is any easier on install?

Windows itself probably detected you inserting the SD card and was asking you what to do with it.

thanks....loaded the data and will attach screen shots. ignore the first couple of days. my son was testing before sending me the ResMed. I didn't use the machine last night. I was having an unrelated problem.
I just picked a day and here is one screen shot.

Barbara
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 11:52 AM)Hilobarbie Wrote:
(02-25-2015, 09:08 PM)archangle Wrote:

thanks....loaded the data and will attach screen shots. ignore the first couple of days. my son was testing before sending me the ResMed. I didn't use the machine last night. I was having an unrelated problem.
I just picked a day and here is one screen shot.

I was looking at the Summary and it included a couple of days that my son was using. Of course, the Day won't show that. I'm certain you can teach me how to get more data to you all, but that's what I got with a screen shot.
Barbara
Post Reply Post Reply
You are having a lot of clear airway apnea -- aka: Central Apnea. That's what's running your numbers up.
It could be pressure induced; or, you may have complex sleep apnea. That really means you need a sleep study; and your machine may not be the right one for you. You might need an ASV machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
you Wrote:I just picked a day and here is one screen shot.

Pressure chart is really helpful, and leakage is as well. AHI chart is not really necessary.

Elsewhere, Sleeprider Wrote:On your images, Please include the Event chart, flow rate, pressure and leak. The rest we don't need so much.
This works better: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hilobarbie, we need the pressure chart along with the events to see what is going on. The best presentation is:
Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks

Also, it might be interesting to zoom in on that cluster of CA events and look at the flow rate chart. As I said before an Auto CPAP is not the right device for treating central apnea, and it sure looks like you have that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 19 1 hour ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 180 10 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.