Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm new, I'm tired!
RE: I'm new, I'm tired!
(02-27-2015, 09:11 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote:
(02-27-2015, 08:50 PM)me50 Wrote:
(02-27-2015, 08:39 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote: Thanks Me50. Sorry you too had to have the experience. Worst hurt ever.

they are supposed to outlive us so yea, quite a shocker. not long after losing our child, my brother died (2nd one that died). quite a bit of loss but I have learned through all of this that there are many that have it worse than we do.

Thanks

The only way to understand this type of pain is to have experienced it. Similar circumstance for me. My father died the month before and my company transferred me from Hawaii to Houston three days before my son died. I know it sounds cliche, but being painfully aware that so many more have suffered so much worse is the comfort I've found too. That and the knowledge that only a parent who has lost a child can truly understand the pain of another parent who has lost a child.

I am not comforted that my friends have experienced worse pain than we have but, it sure makes me realize and puts things in perspective that even though our losses have been great, that there are far worse out there.

I know when our child was in the hospital, there were 2 teenage children brought in that had been in a serious car accident, a brother and a sister and one of them had a broken back. I don't know what the outcome was, but I just can't imagine what those parents went through. there was a man that was traveling through town and was in the hospital to because he had complications from diabetes and was having his other leg amputated (as you can probably guess, one had already been amputated). we have a friend that lost 3 family members to murder along with 2 other people (5 people murdered at the same time) and our friend lost a child and 2 grandchildren in that murder spree. That is what I mean by others having it worse.

I also believe that all losses are traumatic but I also feel that sometimes, the way our loved ones died adds to the trauma if you know what I am saying.

What a difference between Hawaii and Houston! How did you end up where you are now?

I better be quiet now so we can get back on topic. I don't want a black mark by my name lol
Post Reply Post Reply
I live north of Denver at an altitude of 4900. Most modern CPAP have auto altitude adjustments that are usually good to around 8,500-9000 feet. You can't make decisions on treatment from just two nights. There are lots of things that can impact AHI, the biggest is mask leaks. There are home monitoring kits now available, but I would use the SleepyHead software and get a couple weeks of data before deciding to make any changes.

Did you get a sleep study before starting CPAP? If not, it is almost impossible to know what pressure you need.

Post Reply Post Reply
ME 50, I sent you a PM
Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2015, 01:31 AM)Luxsit5280 Wrote: I live north of Denver at an altitude of 4900. Most modern CPAP have auto altitude adjustments that are usually good to around 8,500-9000 feet. You can't make decisions on treatment from just two nights. There are lots of things that can impact AHI, the biggest is mask leaks. There are home monitoring kits now available, but I would use the SleepyHead software and get a couple weeks of data before deciding to make any changes.

Did you get a sleep study before starting CPAP? If not, it is almost impossible to know what pressure you need.

I'm scheduled to see a professional in abiut ten days. I think I had ten days on my SD upload, but only posted a daily. I'll check into the home monitoring kits. Had no idea they were available. I was told someone would come stay at my home overnight to monitor a study, but I'll find out more after my appointment. Thanks fir the altitude infirmation.
Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 58 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 194 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,973 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 134 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.