Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm slipping away...........
RE: I'm slipping away...........
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eep-better

@Ratchick, Check post no 7....see if it's a lead you want to pursue.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I got in 8 hrs. and 55 min. of use last night, with an AHI of 3.5

Saw my sleep doctor yesterday. He asked how I was doing and I told him. He offered nothing but the advice of continuing to stay on CPAP therapy. 

He went on to say, that even if I wasn't seeing or feeling any overall improvement, my heart is. So.....it is what it is, and I'll stay the course.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems my doc lost interest when I bought a machine. That's the doc-from-*ell from years back

After all 4 hours use/AHI<5 we're compliant.

Big Guy Others here have so much skill....

I have the AutoSense 10 "for her". When I switched to it from my S9 I was getting numbers like that. That was on cpap, the way the DME delivered it to me. After all my prescription was for cpap.
So I reached out and the wonderful people here started making suggestions. I'm an engineer and a car guy. I expected the world to be fixed when I got the new machine. And I expected results and improvements to be immediate. Not so...

It took a while.

Take care...
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Dumb question here. Maybe it has been covered already.

Do you take any medications that may make you feel drowsy and/or otherwise make you feel out-of-it? If so, maybe a discussion with your PCP is in order to tweak or change meds.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2021, 06:55 AM)DaveL Wrote: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eep-better

@Ratchick, Check post no 7....see if it's a lead you want to pursue.

Yep I just saw that. I'm definitely going to take a look, though I don't have much in the way of classical insomnia (more like hypersomnia from the apnea). Thanks for thinking of me though. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Ratchick I appreciate your posts. When I read them I learn a lot. Thank you!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
RayBee in my experience I have trouble with conflicting prescriptions and interference between drugs. So finding a good pharmacist in Canada has been essential. For quite some time I was completely off medication due to this. And felt much better for it.

Our medical practices are geared more to keep us out of hospital, because we don't have enough hospital space.

It's even hard to find a good family doctor. And that's in Toronto Canada!

My thought -- I must be wary of prescriptions. Doctors don't consider the old ones when they write a new one. Good pharmacists do that well here.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
That is the response I figured your doc would give. You mentioned atrial fibrillation being taken care of and I can't help but wonder if PAP is part of what keeps that under control. Atrial fibrillation and apnea are heavily correlated and untreated apnea is often the cause of atrial fibrillation.

I think it would be worthwhile to get a recording oximeter so you can see what your oxygen levels and heart rate do during sleep with and without PAP. This data could prove that PAP is at a minimum improving your physical health even if you don't necessarily feel the difference. Knowing that it is making a physical difference would then be a strong motivator to commit to PAP use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  P10 straps slipping acordeon 1 299 01-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  F & P Vitera mask slipping into mouth 2007User 1 589 10-28-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Mask Slipping Problem chd3143 6 5,353 08-28-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Dramagal27
  Quartro fx slipping Deweym 2 1,404 12-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Shastzi
  Velcro on mask straps slipping off jscholz 10 9,976 06-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Last Post: eviltim
Angry [CPAP] Quattro FX Mask Keeps Slipping Upwards pdrunk 8 3,941 02-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Last Post: marxxx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.