Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

Sex: Male

Sad I'm so dragged out
So now I'm told that I'm stuck with the S9 Escape. My resp therapist isn't interested in trading it up for an AutoSet even though I have the prescription. I don't know what to do now. I'm defeated. Crying-into-tissue I feel like such a lost cause.
12-28-2012 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
bensonlee Offline

Members

Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4-14 cmH20

Other Comments:

RE: I'm so dragged out
Ugly,

I am not sure if this would help but try visiting [link removed]. You can see that they have a CPAP Trade In / Upgrade Program. Be sure to check with their live customer service as they can offer deals as well.

When referring someone to a supplier, please use either the Supplier's List (say "See Supplier #1") or say Google this place's name. - Moderator
-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
12-28-2012 07:00 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

If your machine has low hour used, you may be able to also trade it in with Supplier #2.

Or you can do what I did: buy an Autoset with out the humidifier and use the one from the Escape.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-28-2012 07:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Shastzi Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: FitLife Total face mask
Humidifier: F&P HC150 with Hybernite heated hose.
CPAP Pressure: 15cm-20cm H2O (auto)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: CMS50-F wearable Oximeter; Software: SPO2 Assistant

Sex: Undisclosed

Ugly, you are not defeated until you *believe* you are.
Out persist those idiots and remember the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Wink
12-28-2012 08:16 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi Sean,
What Shastzi said.
I know this is VERY discouraging but don't give up, keep on trying to get what YOU want and of course, NEED.
Best of luck.

trish6hundred
12-28-2012 09:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20

Other Comments:

(12-28-2012 06:39 PM)Ugly Wrote:  So now I'm told that I'm stuck with the S9 Escape. My resp therapist isn't interested in trading it up for an AutoSet even though I have the prescription. I don't know what to do now. I'm defeated. Crying-into-tissue I feel like such a lost cause.

I don't understand how a respiratory therapist gets to ignore the doctor's prescription. Isn't that illegal or unethical or something?
12-28-2012 09:57 PM
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

I had hope. Now I'm discouraged. Thanks for all your help everyone. But it seems there's no more sense in continuing here.
If I had the power to bash heads when they need it Hammer then maybe I'd get somewhere. Well, I'd buy it outright if I could sell this Escape -
that'd be the only way I could do it financially. But -- as everyone here knows, it's not something you should unleash on others.
12-28-2012 10:05 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(12-28-2012 09:57 PM)JJJ Wrote:  I don't understand how a respiratory therapist gets to ignore the doctor's prescription. Isn't that illegal or unethical or something?

Don't think it's illegal, JJJ, but it is certainly unethical.

Is this the DME's respiratory therapist that's telling you this Sean? The doctor gave you a prescription and I'm hoping it's written as "dispense as written"... if so, insist that they fill it.

Become a thorn in their flesh. Call every day. Get your doctor involved, and ask him to intervene on your behalf. If necessary, tell them you're turning them into Medicare/insurance or whatever for going against the doctor's orders.

(12-28-2012 06:39 PM)Ugly Wrote:  So now I'm told that I'm stuck with the S9 Escape. My resp therapist isn't interested in trading it up for an AutoSet even though I have the prescription.

Absolutely unacceptable. The RT isn't your doctor. Whether the RT is, or is not "interested in trading up" is completely irrelevant. They're probably giving you trouble because they make more money by giving you a brick than a data-capable auto, or, they just don't want to be troubled to do all the paperwork.

This is your health and you need to get the machine the doctor wrote the script for. Period. If you give up, the DME wins and you lose. If it were me, and they have a walk-in building, I'd be in their office asking to talk to the manager and telling them "is this the way you treat your customers? You refuse to give me what my doctor writes on the prescription? Why exactly is that, Mr. DME?"

Man, stuff like this really angers me. It's the "DME runaround", and the only way you'll win that fight is long-term persistence and stubborness. Annoyed-and-disappointed

Your HEALTH is WORTH the FIGHT. Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

12-28-2012 10:32 PM
2Tim215 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 ResMed AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX Nasal Pillow - Medium
Humidifier: ResMed H5i w/Climate Hose
CPAP Pressure: 6cm-12cm

Other Comments: OSA, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Gout, PTSD, & Meralgia paresthetica.

SleepMaster is correct. It's your health, you will have to fight for it, don't give up! As mentioned above be sure the prescription is written as "DAW" with "NEW S9 ResMed AutoSet". Then if it isn't filled and written that way I do believe it is a Federal violation to dispense a prescription with a substitute. I will try and find some more info on that, it would be good for all of us to be equipped with. Sean, I want you to look at your prescription and see if the box is marked, usually lower right, "DAW" or "Dispense as Written", or even a check mark in it. If not, call your Doctor immediately, probably will have to be Tuesday now because of the holdiday and politely ask the Doctor to include the above information. Here it is again, "NEW S9 ResMed AutoSet" and let him/her know they won't fill it unless written as "Dispense as Written". It took me a few months but I went through this and as soon as I had the correct prescription written that way a new DME was at my door within less than 24 hours setting me up! You may simply have to change your DME. If the prescription is written out correctly right now, don't even call your current DME, call some others and ask, "I was wondering if you have a NEW S9 ResMed AutoSet in stock and if so how long would it take to fill my prescription? Politely let them know this is the machine your Doctor ordered and it is written Dispense as Written. Keep us posted! Make sure NEW is included or they might try and unload a loaner or rental on you. Hope this helps, we are here for you!

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
12-29-2012 12:09 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
2Tim215 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 ResMed AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX Nasal Pillow - Medium
Humidifier: ResMed H5i w/Climate Hose
CPAP Pressure: 6cm-12cm

Other Comments: OSA, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Gout, PTSD, & Meralgia paresthetica.

(12-28-2012 07:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  If your machine has low hour used, you may be able to also trade it in with Supplier #2.

Or you can do what I did: buy an Autoset with out the humidifier and use the one from the Escape.

Paula, Does Supplier #2 sell AutoSets without Humidifier? If so, can I ask what it cost and if it was used or new? You can PM me if you don't want to share it here. Thanks

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
12-29-2012 12:48 AM