Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm so dragged out
Sad 
I'm so dragged out
So now I'm told that I'm stuck with the S9 Escape. My resp therapist isn't interested in trading it up for an AutoSet even though I have the prescription. I don't know what to do now. I'm defeated. Crying-into-tissue I feel like such a lost cause.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'm so dragged out
Ugly,

I am not sure if this would help but try visiting [link removed]. You can see that they have a CPAP Trade In / Upgrade Program. Be sure to check with their live customer service as they can offer deals as well.

When referring someone to a supplier, please use either the Supplier's List (say "See Supplier #1") or say Google this place's name. - Moderator
-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine has low hour used, you may be able to also trade it in with Supplier #2.

Or you can do what I did: buy an Autoset with out the humidifier and use the one from the Escape.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ugly, you are not defeated until you *believe* you are.
Out persist those idiots and remember the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sean,
What Shastzi said.
I know this is VERY discouraging but don't give up, keep on trying to get what YOU want and of course, NEED.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2012, 06:39 PM)Ugly Wrote: So now I'm told that I'm stuck with the S9 Escape. My resp therapist isn't interested in trading it up for an AutoSet even though I have the prescription. I don't know what to do now. I'm defeated. Crying-into-tissue I feel like such a lost cause.

I don't understand how a respiratory therapist gets to ignore the doctor's prescription. Isn't that illegal or unethical or something?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had hope. Now I'm discouraged. Thanks for all your help everyone. But it seems there's no more sense in continuing here.
If I had the power to bash heads when they need it Hammer then maybe I'd get somewhere. Well, I'd buy it outright if I could sell this Escape -
that'd be the only way I could do it financially. But -- as everyone here knows, it's not something you should unleash on others.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2012, 09:57 PM)JJJ Wrote: I don't understand how a respiratory therapist gets to ignore the doctor's prescription. Isn't that illegal or unethical or something?

Don't think it's illegal, JJJ, but it is certainly unethical.

Is this the DME's respiratory therapist that's telling you this Sean? The doctor gave you a prescription and I'm hoping it's written as "dispense as written"... if so, insist that they fill it.

Become a thorn in their flesh. Call every day. Get your doctor involved, and ask him to intervene on your behalf. If necessary, tell them you're turning them into Medicare/insurance or whatever for going against the doctor's orders.

(12-28-2012, 06:39 PM)Ugly Wrote: So now I'm told that I'm stuck with the S9 Escape. My resp therapist isn't interested in trading it up for an AutoSet even though I have the prescription.

Absolutely unacceptable. The RT isn't your doctor. Whether the RT is, or is not "interested in trading up" is completely irrelevant. They're probably giving you trouble because they make more money by giving you a brick than a data-capable auto, or, they just don't want to be troubled to do all the paperwork.

This is your health and you need to get the machine the doctor wrote the script for. Period. If you give up, the DME wins and you lose. If it were me, and they have a walk-in building, I'd be in their office asking to talk to the manager and telling them "is this the way you treat your customers? You refuse to give me what my doctor writes on the prescription? Why exactly is that, Mr. DME?"

Man, stuff like this really angers me. It's the "DME runaround", and the only way you'll win that fight is long-term persistence and stubborness. Annoyed-and-disappointed

Your HEALTH is WORTH the FIGHT. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
SleepMaster is correct. It's your health, you will have to fight for it, don't give up! As mentioned above be sure the prescription is written as "DAW" with "NEW S9 ResMed AutoSet". Then if it isn't filled and written that way I do believe it is a Federal violation to dispense a prescription with a substitute. I will try and find some more info on that, it would be good for all of us to be equipped with. Sean, I want you to look at your prescription and see if the box is marked, usually lower right, "DAW" or "Dispense as Written", or even a check mark in it. If not, call your Doctor immediately, probably will have to be Tuesday now because of the holdiday and politely ask the Doctor to include the above information. Here it is again, "NEW S9 ResMed AutoSet" and let him/her know they won't fill it unless written as "Dispense as Written". It took me a few months but I went through this and as soon as I had the correct prescription written that way a new DME was at my door within less than 24 hours setting me up! You may simply have to change your DME. If the prescription is written out correctly right now, don't even call your current DME, call some others and ask, "I was wondering if you have a NEW S9 ResMed AutoSet in stock and if so how long would it take to fill my prescription? Politely let them know this is the machine your Doctor ordered and it is written Dispense as Written. Keep us posted! Make sure NEW is included or they might try and unload a loaner or rental on you. Hope this helps, we are here for you!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2012, 07:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If your machine has low hour used, you may be able to also trade it in with Supplier #2.

Or you can do what I did: buy an Autoset with out the humidifier and use the one from the Escape.

Paula, Does Supplier #2 sell AutoSets without Humidifier? If so, can I ask what it cost and if it was used or new? You can PM me if you don't want to share it here. Thanks
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.