Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm so dragged out
RE: I'm so dragged out
Sean, Paula had a good idea and someone else above mentioned it also. How much time is on your Escape? Is it in good condition? Also, how does it work if you buy in the USA? Do you have to pay extra when a package arrives if the postage is paid? Some countries have a duty tax or something like that. Just curious if they do in Canada too? Idea Idea Idea
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 12:48 AM)2Tim215 Wrote:
(12-28-2012, 07:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If your machine has low hour used, you may be able to also trade it in with Supplier #2.

Or you can do what I did: buy an Autoset with out the humidifier and use the one from the Escape.

Paula, Does Supplier #2 sell AutoSets without Humidifier? If so, can I ask what it cost and if it was used or new? You can PM me if you don't want to share it here. Thanks
just checked their site
used autoset with humidifier ($549) and without humidifier ($479)
new autoset with humidifier ($829) price up from last time but you have to call to order .. probably not in stock

the pink autoset with pink humidifier ($799) slightly cheaper and available
all comes with both hoses .. climateline and slimline
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 01:26 AM)zonk Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 12:48 AM)2Tim215 Wrote:
(12-28-2012, 07:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If your machine has low hour used, you may be able to also trade it in with Supplier #2.

Or you can do what I did: buy an Autoset with out the humidifier and use the one from the Escape.

Paula, Does Supplier #2 sell AutoSets without Humidifier? If so, can I ask what it cost and if it was used or new? You can PM me if you don't want to share it here. Thanks
just checked their site
used autoset with humidifier ($549) and without humidifier ($479)
new autoset with humidifier ($829) price up from last time but you have to call to order .. probably not in stock

the pink autoset with pink humidifier ($799) slightly cheaper and available
all comes with both hoses .. climateline and slimline
Good info, Thanks Zonk!!!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
I would bet that if the Escape has low mileage, they may accept it in partial trade with the rest being affordable. Never hurts to ask!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 03:43 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I would bet that if the Escape has low mileage, they may accept it in partial trade with the rest being affordable. Never hurts to ask!

I agree, I don't know why we're still awake though???Too-funny Sean might wonder if these AutoSet's really work! I see #2 does sell them although they wouldn't be our choice. As ResMed says, they are entry level machines, they could used be for emergency travel I suppose set at the mid average maybe? I hope it works out for him. Hopefully when he wakes up and see's these posts it will give something to think about and find a way to get his AutoSet. I'm going to bed, rough day, sleep well! Good night!!! Sleep-on-pillow
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Still haven't gone to bed yet. My brain won't shut up so, here I still sit.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What 2Tim said. Time to sharpen your claws. See what agencies you can call on to get the RT "audited". That'll be a lot worse than just giving you what you need.

Go get 'em Tiger!

Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2012, 09:37 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Sean,
What Shastzi said.
I know this is VERY discouraging but don't give up, keep on trying to get what YOU want and of course, NEED.
Best of luck.

It's hard when I don't know what to do next. Right now my S9 Escape is set to the static value of 11.0 - I know the woman at VitalAire is expecting me to come over so she can "save" me by adjusting the pressure from 8.0 to 11.0 and I figure that on the day I can pick up the ClimateLine hose I'll break the news to her not-so-gently that I have no further need for her and she can kiss the $40 bye-bye that she was expecting for adjusting my machine. Well I may have very little power but in her case I have very little sympathy either.
Yet, on Monday I will at least try to make direct contact with ResMed since I may be able to appeal to them on a human level. Maybe. But at least I can't say I didn't try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 01:07 AM)2Tim215 Wrote: Sean, Paula had a good idea and someone else above mentioned it also. How much time is on your Escape? Is it in good condition? Also, how does it work if you buy in the USA? Do you have to pay extra when a package arrives if the postage is paid? Some countries have a duty tax or something like that. Just curious if they do in Canada too? Idea Idea Idea

238.8 hours have been logged. It's in as good condition as when I got it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2012, 09:57 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(12-28-2012, 06:39 PM)Ugly Wrote: So now I'm told that I'm stuck with the S9 Escape. My resp therapist isn't interested in trading it up for an AutoSet even though I have the prescription. I don't know what to do now. I'm defeated. Crying-into-tissue I feel like such a lost cause.

I don't understand how a respiratory therapist gets to ignore the doctor's prescription. Isn't that illegal or unethical or something?

I suspect the DME would gladly dispense a new S9 AutoSet for full retail price, as long as ugly pays for the S9 Escape as well.

There's no general requirement to take tradeins for used equipment, either. We'd be the first to rag on a DME for selling the used CPAP to someone else.

No DME is even required to fill a particular prescription, but if they fill it, they have to follow the prescription.

Also, insurance is not required to pay for a particular prescription, just whatever their policies say they'll pay for.

If considering a tradein to someone else, be sure it's really yours, not still on some sort of insurance payment plan.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.