Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm so dragged out
RE: I'm so dragged out
Ugly, Supplier #2 helps to sell machines with less than 300hrs.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sean, I would suggest trying it with your Doctor as I outlined above. ResMed may work with you on a "human" level but they can't fill your prescription. Also you didn't share with us if your prescription is written as I outlined above and dispense as written, DAW, or a check mark in the DAW box. If not, don't worry about your old DME right now. Get a new prescription written as "NEW S9 ResMed AutoSet" you can have the Doctor write the pressure 11cm if that is where they want you, and be sure to have them write Dispense As Written, or DAW in the box letting the Doctor only know they won't fill the prescription otherwise. Then simply call another DME and ask them if they have one in stock and how long will it take to have it filled? Once you have the correct prescription in hand call each DME until you find one that has it! Don't even mention your old DME or volunteer any of that information, it isn't relevant to a new one. If they are including a new H5i Humidifier don't even mention you have another machine and keep it out of sight. This isn't being deceptive, this is just not volunteering any information that might provoke questions and isn't necessary for your new prescription. Please, at least give it a try! We are trying to help you!!!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 01:46 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Ugly, Supplier #2 helps to sell machines with less than 300hrs.

Thanks. I sent them a message and attached my prescription.
I'll see if I get any response.
I also plan on contacting ResMed directly on Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 02:03 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: Sean, I would suggest trying it with your Doctor as I outlined above. ResMed may work with you on a "human" level but they can't fill your prescription. Also you didn't share with us if your prescription is written as I outlined above and dispense as written, DAW, or a check mark in the DAW box.

He offered the option, increase the pressure to 11.0 OR get an AutoCPAP. I thought nothing of it at the time because it sounded like VitalAire was going to help me out. I didn't know they'd turn nasty.

Quote:Don't even mention your old DME or volunteer any of that information, it isn't relevant to a new one. If they are including a new H5i Humidifier don't even mention you have another machine and keep it out of sight. This isn't being deceptive, this is just not volunteering any information that might provoke questions and isn't necessary for your new prescription. Please, at least give it a try! We are trying to help you!!!

In my situation, however, I'm receiving a disability income from the Ontario government and am eligible for a new CPAP periodically through their "Assistive Devices Program." My 'friends' at VitalAire figure they've already dealt with the government for funding. It doesn't matter where I go - it will get back that I've already exceeded my welcome through Assistive Devices. I will, however, try to contact somebody through that program and explain that the CPAP given to me (and I didn't get sufficient information that there was one that would better suit my needs) doesn't help the way it should but as the funding has already gone through for the S9 Escape I can't just go for another. But as it is deficient in several ways I'll try to duke it out and make phone calls on Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 07:34 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 02:03 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: Sean, I would suggest trying it with your Doctor as I outlined above. ResMed may work with you on a "human" level but they can't fill your prescription. Also you didn't share with us if your prescription is written as I outlined above and dispense as written, DAW, or a check mark in the DAW box.

He offered the option, increase the pressure to 11.0 OR get an AutoCPAP. I thought nothing of it at the time because it sounded like VitalAire was going to help me out. I didn't know they'd turn nasty.

Quote:Don't even mention your old DME or volunteer any of that information, it isn't relevant to a new one. If they are including a new H5i Humidifier don't even mention you have another machine and keep it out of sight. This isn't being deceptive, this is just not volunteering any information that might provoke questions and isn't necessary for your new prescription. Please, at least give it a try! We are trying to help you!!!

In my situation, however, I'm receiving a disability income from the Ontario government and am eligible for a new CPAP periodically through their "Assistive Devices Program." My 'friends' at VitalAire figure they've already dealt with the government for funding. It doesn't matter where I go - it will get back that I've already exceeded my welcome through Assistive Devices. I will, however, try to contact somebody through that program and explain that the CPAP given to me (and I didn't get sufficient information that there was one that would better suit my needs) doesn't help the way it should but as the funding has already gone through for the S9 Escape I can't just go for another. But as it is deficient in several ways I'll try to duke it out and make phone calls on Monday.
I see, I wasn't sure how things work in Canada. Keep us posted about what happens with Supplier #2 and any other information! Hoping things will turn around soon!!!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
So I spilled the beans. Whistle It`s been a frustrating ordeal with my supplier, VitalAire. The story of course, after borrowing their S8 AutoSet II it was enough of an indication that I needed more than a static pressure machine. I was told they`d upgrade me to an AutoSet if I had a prescription.
I got a prescription and now they`re claiming they can`t do it.

I called ResMed directly Cleaver and got their take on it. They would have no problem trading in my machine but I have to go through VitalAire. They also said to go back to my doctor if I`m getting further problems. OK. I`ll do it. They can`t argue with the manufacturer. But VitalAire is closed until Jan 2. Spilled the beans?
I left a message saying when is the appointment - I still want the ClimateLine (heated) hose they promised. But they said when I came in they will adjust the pressure on my CPAP for me. So - I said I already did it. Big Grinnie - I didn`t say that I found the clinician menu though. I tried to break it to her gently. I stated that ResScan was useful for more than just pretty graphs Tongue-out-2 But it seems like I`ll have to get back to my doctor for further help if VitalAire still wants to butt heads. Hammer
Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep in mind that whoever you spoke to at ResMed has as much power to make things happen as a frog in a pond.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sean, I think in light of your other serious medical issues that the DME would be fighting to get you an AutoSet! You're sleep events are more at risk than most of us from changing over a 5 year period (if that is the same criteria they use in Canada). I agree with Paula on the ResMed issue, they really would place themselves at risk to dictate to a Therapist or Doctor as to what machine you need. HOWEVER, if they are willing to go to bat for you then I would let them! Maybe they could have some influence if they are familiar with your other medical issues. Sounds like you are doing a good job of just pushing forward! Good job, keep it up, and keep us posted!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Sean, Haven't heard anything, was a bit reluctant to ask, but anything new???
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2013, 03:07 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: Hey Sean, Haven't heard anything, was a bit reluctant to ask, but anything new???

I sort of posted it in other messages. But I left a message ahead of time to my respiratory "therapist" and explained that despite what she was expecting (to alter my CPAP pressure) that I had already done it because I saw no sense in waiting so long. I didn't indicate that I got into the clinician menu (although if she has any brains at all she will have realized this) but rather I used the "back door" approach through ResScan.

I expressed that I consider it quite essential that I get an AutoSet as described in my prescription. Fast forward to my appointment. She really takes her clients as total idiots. She said that she believed that a "static" pressure CPAP without the data readouts ("brick") was sufficient for most people she deals with. I said, "not me" and reminded her that I have been using CPAP since 1998 and have a pretty good idea if something is or is not working. I referred back to my sleep log that I kept while borrowing an S8 AutoSet II from her, and how the values fluctuated each night. I emphasized that my needs are not compatible with a "static" machine. She said she'd do what she can, gave me the ClimateLine (complaint message to follow) hose and I was off on my way. Today I got a phone call stating that her company is indeed willing to trade up for me. I look forward when the whole damn thing is processed.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.