Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm using AlaxoStent with PAP therapy to fix Palatal Prolapse
RE: I'm using AlaxoStent with PAP therapy to fix Palatal Prolapse
Sleepycpap, have you researched a treatment called Airlift by Siesta Medical?  It looks interesting, mild procedure to possibly solve the issue of pp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yankees, this procedure is not suitable for palatal prolapse and is an alternative to Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP). This relatively painful and often ineffective surgery with many side-effects is clearly less optimal than using the stent. The Airlift is no picnic and does not target the source of the problem described by SleepyCPAP. Just noticed this thread is a top search return when looking for Palatal Prolapse.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2022, 01:54 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Sleepycpap, have you researched a treatment called Airlift by Siesta Medical?  It looks interesting, mild procedure to possibly solve the issue of pp.

SR, have there been other members of this forum that have tried the airlift?  If so I would be interested to read about them.  From their website it seemed to me to solve many of the issues that osa causes.  I am only looking for alternatives to make an informed decision.  I will post more of my therapy to see if you think that pp is actually my problem.  Thanks for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry , didn’t mean to attach previous post
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyCPAP, are you still using the AlaxoStent? what had been your experience?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, 
I am still using the 6” AlaxoStent.  Sometimes just alone for naps (monitored by my O2Ring), but almost exclusively in combination with the VAuto.  This device is perfect for me!
My sleep doctor reads my monthly reports I send from OSCAR, and says my treatment is excellent.

I haven’t posted updates, because it just continues to look perfect, same as previous updates.  For instance, in the past month OSCAR says I had only three mild Hypopneas (on three separate nights), and two brief CA’s (18 seconds and 10 seconds, on different nights).  My VAuto is so bored: it is set to EPAP 4, PS 3.6 and the 99.5% EPAP was 4.24cm last night (Median 4.0 cm).  Flow limitations were zeros, except for the 99.5% of 0.01 (the one time the VAuto did a minor preemptive pressure increase). 

Overall, since January when my pressure experiments ended, my AHI has averaged 0.03 according to OSCAR’s stat’s page.  Average EPAP 4.09cm (minimum setting is 4cm).  Average SpO2 has been 96.11 over the same period. 

The only difficulty is finding the disinfectant. I can get a refill bottle on Amazon but it is very expensive.  AlaxoStent suggests alternatives, but I’ve preferred to go with the ProntoSan that is recommended in the manual.  I’ve never had any sinus or throat infection this whole time.

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been going round and round with Alaxo about whether or not it is a Medicare approved device (and if they will bill Medicare like my CPAP DME does).
After multiple emails, I cannot get a cogent response. I'm not sure their marketing dept knows what they are doing. You'd think that Medicare billing would be the Golden Goose and the Gravy Train rolled into one for them, but they act like they don't even know what I am talking about. I am not sure that I want to move forward with a company that appears so inept.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palatal Prolapse and Velumount zaienk 15 851 5 minutes ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 156 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,342 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 100 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.