Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm using AlaxoStent with PAP therapy to fix Palatal Prolapse
RE: I'm using AlaxoStent with PAP therapy to fix Palatal Prolapse
Sleepycpap, have you researched a treatment called Airlift by Siesta Medical?  It looks interesting, mild procedure to possibly solve the issue of pp.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Yankees, this procedure is not suitable for palatal prolapse and is an alternative to Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP). This relatively painful and often ineffective surgery with many side-effects is clearly less optimal than using the stent. The Airlift is no picnic and does not target the source of the problem described by SleepyCPAP. Just noticed this thread is a top search return when looking for Palatal Prolapse.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2022, 01:54 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Sleepycpap, have you researched a treatment called Airlift by Siesta Medical?  It looks interesting, mild procedure to possibly solve the issue of pp.

SR, have there been other members of this forum that have tried the airlift?  If so I would be interested to read about them.  From their website it seemed to me to solve many of the issues that osa causes.  I am only looking for alternatives to make an informed decision.  I will post more of my therapy to see if you think that pp is actually my problem.  Thanks for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry , didn’t mean to attach previous post
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Rice95 Therapy [positional apnea, help with collars] Rice95 37 1,095 11 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  yankees123 - Therapy Thread yankees123 67 1,437 Yesterday, 08:37 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  0xdec0ded [Therapy Thread] 0xdec0ded 6 252 Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Last Post: 0xdec0ded
Grin bballkj7 (Therapy Thread] bballkj7 8 191 05-12-2022, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  FrankFuss's Therapy Thread FrankFuss 3 188 05-11-2022, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dangerous7 Therapy Thread dangerous7 22 573 05-10-2022, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar Lorrubdb 330 6,295 05-08-2022, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Lorrubdb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.