Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm volunteering for a task -- how big would it be?
RE: I'm volunteering for a task -- how big would it be?
(09-24-2021, 09:33 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Considering that the AS10 AutoSet doesn't report Ti and Te, I suspect OSCAR calculates those for ANY machine that doesn't report them.

The AC10 vAuto does report both the Ti and Te, as well as the I:E ratio.

So it's just as well you didn't remove that code...

That's correct, OSCAR calculates it for any such machine, with the same broken algorithm...
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, guys, immediately after I started this, geer1 responded to another puzzled thread about my periods of wildly gyrating respiration rates with a muse about paradoxical breathing (also called thoracoabdominal asynchrony or TAA). I've been doing some research about that, and also looking at my flow rate curves, and it's, how shall we say, interesting! (Interesting being the word for an ugly baby!)

So this is all looking a little different a few days down the road here! I was thinking of getting my feet wet with a pretty simple process of taking two existing QT plots and combining them into one, but the discussion of the wonky calculations made me realize that this is far deeper than that.

Here's my picture
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ewtxrqx9wius7...n.pdf?dl=0
what you are looking at is 20 minutes of OSCAR plots, in 5 4-minute segments. Look at the 4th segment. I can almost hear my CPAP machine muttering WTF as it's trying to figure out what's the inhale and what's the exhale!

My instinct as someone who's dealt with time-series data over many years is to just mark the whole 4 minutes as NA!

So, yeah, I'm interested in looking at the calculation with an eye towards improving it, and also wondering about comparing the calculated values to the values that the ResMed is recording.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would it make sense to break it down into 2 separate cycles?  I'm seeing what looks to me like 2 distinct waveforms there, A high frequency and a low frequency, which I'm guessing would correspond to the separate abdominal and ribcage movements.    Perhaps it would be useful to measure each of the I/E cycles individually.   I'm not sure of the practicality of trying to separate them though. 

Just a thought.

- Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.