Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR data not showing up?
OSCAR data not showing up?
I am new to this board.  I tried to search and see if I could find any threads that dealt with my issues but didn't see anything that exactly matched.  Forgive me if this is something that has been answered before.  I downloaded and installed Oscar, created a new profile, imported the data from my SD card which has info on it for one night. Just got my new SD card.  But, once the data is imported OSCAR is not showing anything. The Daily View, Overview, Statistics are still all grayed out.  I am trying to see the data from my ResMed Airsense 10. I have uninstalled OSCAR and removed the OSCAR_Data file and then reinstalled everything a couple of times.  Not sure what to do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR data not showing up?
Maybe this helps, try opening OSCAR and within the settings somewhere is a Purge Data option. Sometimes the losing info from your SD glitches and since something uploaded for day X but it got corrupted, and then it's not going to pull it in again. So you need to purge that day and redo it.

Sorry I wasn't specific on OSCAR settings, I'm out of practice for now while I wait on dummy doctors to get me a correct machine. It's only been 2 years of stupid doctors incompetent treatment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi FancyCpap!  -  Welcome

Have you verified that there is data on your new SD card?  When you click on its drive letter, do you see the following?
  • Directories:
    • DATALOG
    • SETTINGS
  • Files:
    • Identification.crc
    • Identification.tgt
    • Journal.dat
    • STR.edf
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And to confirm a detail -- do you have an AirSense 10 Autoset or some other model (there are four: CPAP, Elite, AutoSet, AutoSet for Her)?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2021, 05:38 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi FancyCpap!  -  Welcome

Have you verified that there is data on your new SD card?  When you click on its drive letter, do you see the following?
  • Directories:
    • DATALOG
    • SETTINGS
  • Files:
    • Identification.crc
    • Identification.tgt
    • Journal.dat
    • STR.edf

I see everything you listed on the SD card except Journal.dat

(09-21-2021, 06:05 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: And to confirm a detail -- do you have an AirSense 10 Autoset or some other model (there are four: CPAP, Elite, AutoSet, AutoSet for Her)?

Yes, I have an AirSense 10 Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2021, 05:32 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Maybe this helps, try opening OSCAR and within the settings somewhere is a Purge Data option. Sometimes the losing info from your SD glitches and since something uploaded for day X but it got corrupted, and then it's not going to pull it in again. So you need to purge that day and redo it.

Sorry I wasn't specific on OSCAR settings, I'm out of practice for now while I wait on dummy doctors to get me a correct machine. It's only been 2 years of stupid doctors incompetent treatment.

I found "Purge ALL Machine Data".  But, when I hit it nothing happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
What platform are you running on (Windows, MacOS, etc.)?

"Purge ALL Machine Data" doesn't work because you don't have any machine data yet. If you did, the menu items would not be grayed out.

What happens when you click on the Import button? Does it show you the drive letter (or equivalent on your platform) of your SD card, and is that correct? When importing from an SD card, you need to import from the root directory of the card; don't navigate to any folder within the card.

If you are doing that, use Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of OSCAR diagnostic logs and upload the resulting zip file to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
DUH!  I finally got it to work.  I was just not understanding the Import CPAP Data Window and when it popped up I thought I was just asking where to put the data not asking where the data was.  I don't know if that makes sense but it is working now.  THANK YOU!
Post Reply Post Reply
You are one of many new users to do that! We have improved the dialog title message in 1.3.0 to try to offset that misunderstanding.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 79 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 108 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.