Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Encore Android App?
Question 
Respironics Encore Android App?
Thanks to this great site, and for the link to the Encore Basic software. It's working great on my Windows laptop.

I was wondering if there is an Android version that I can install onto my Samsung tablet?

Regards
Bruno
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Encore Android App?
No. There is an app, but it's pretty crappy. It won't tell you anything you can't see on the machine's screen.

The basic issue is that EncoreBasic is written by the manufacturer for the medical providers like the doctors who review patient data or the medical equipment providers who do that for the doctors. The app, on the other hand, is written by the manufacturer for the patients. They don't seem to subscribe to the philosophy that the best way to help patients is to empower them with information. Probably because they don't see us as the customer. They sell the machines to the medical providers, not to the patients.

SleepyHead software is written by a CPAP user for CPAP users. It's functionality is way above anything the manufacturers provide. The only downside is it's beta, so it has bugs.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Encore Android App?
Thanks Sleepster for your quick response. At least now I can stop trawling through countless web pages trying to find it.

Regards,
Bruno
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 851 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Latest version of the Vihealth Android app doesn't produce the files for OSCAR wlewis 7 1,818 06-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Synchronizing O2Ring with Phillips Respironics Dreamstation xaid 0 678 06-11-2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: xaid
  Android OSCAR ever? OldTatoosh 2 1,585 04-23-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Encore Basic - How to download it? chipbutty 6 2,425 04-09-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How to quickly sync Wellue O2 Ring Readings from Android to OSCAR hoselife 63 8,093 03-23-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: EddyDee
  Smart Card & Software for the old Respironics Remstar Auto M-Series ?? JoyD. 7 3,050 03-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: JoyD.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.